Encap Juice preference

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Danbo, May 11, 2017.

By Danbo on May 11, 2017 at 7:07 PM
  1. Danbo
    Danbo

Name:
    Dan Moore
    Haven't seen it asked for a while, just wanted to see everyone's input on what your overall favorite Encap Juice is?

Comments

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Danbo, May 11, 2017.

1. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      Anyone use Awesome Encap? I would like to hear how it compares to Realeaseit.
    2. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Pony Boy Curtis

Name:
      Rico
      I've used it an think it works just as well. Damon has a lot of great products. Be sure to get some magic bullet from him as a general encap spotter. Get 1 quart and one gallon to refill it. Good stuff! :cool:
      thecleaningdude and Nomad74 like this.
    3. Mikey P
      Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
      Mike Pay-oh-tay
      I went through two gallons
      Works killer but much higher dilutions than DS2
      encapman and Nomad74 like this.
    4. cleanking
      cleanking

Name:
      Jordan King
      It won't clean as well as DS2. We tried it for some time a few years back, unfortunately it does not compare to these top shelf products being listing here.
      encapman likes this.
    5. Lee Stockwell
      Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
      Lee Stockwell
      I was told the matrix had the same mfg as Rick's, if so something was missing.
      encapman likes this.
    6. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      Guys. I used the new Hoss encap juice today and was not at all happy with it. The stuff clogged up my Orbot. It had turned chunky with thin little flakes of floaters. I was running my vibe with my hands down the tank, wiping the suck screen with my finger. I won't be using that stuff any more. To bad too, it smells like coca-cola.
      RCC-AZ and Danbo like this.
      Last edited: May 14, 2017
    7. SteamwayPro
      SteamwayPro

Supportive Member

Name:
      George
      Buy from Vacaway Excellent Supply or Bonnet Pro and you can't go wrong. They all have excellent encaps that work. If you are doing straight encap make sure you buy a crystallizer and not a film forming encap. Bonnet Pro does not sell crystallizers only film forming encaps.
      encapman, Jimmy L and Desk Jockey like this.
      Last edited: May 14, 2017
    8. kevinj6121
      kevinj6121

Name:
      kevin
      I've used the Environ encap chem from orbot that i got when i bought my Vibe, they gave me a whole case, i've used it in the vibe and a couple of times in my 175 that has a solution tank and i used the carpet brush, the product works pretty good in my opinion and i've had no clogging issue at all when used in the vibe, always shake your chems before using them.
      I also always flush out my vibe after every use at end of day, i put fresh hot tap water in the tank and run the sprayer to get out all the encap juice, i do this no matter who's encap juice i use.
      Old Coastie likes this.
    9. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      Give it a month
    10. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      I did about a 6000 sqft job on Friday with my Sprayborg using Bridgepoints Encapuclean o2. Seems like it did a nice job, no clogging and took out some coffee stains and cleaned up the lunch room nicely.
      scottw likes this.
    11. Jimmy L
      Jimmy L

Name:
      Jimmy L
      Don't use FILM FORMERS....................just my opinion : )

Lee would that maker be...........Steamway?
      Lee Stockwell likes this.
    12. Lee Stockwell
      Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
      Lee Stockwell
    13. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      I still have 2 gallons of this Hos encap stuff. I guess I'll just strain it through a paint strainer. That should solve my issues.
    14. Jimmy L
      Jimmy L

Name:
      Jimmy L
      Year ago a steamway guy said so. : )
    15. kevinj6121
      kevinj6121

Name:
      kevin
      It is my opinion and thats all it is but seems to work for me but I always flush out my lines after using anybody's encap juice, like i mentioned above,
      at the end of the day i run fresh hot tap water thru any equipment i used encap juice on. I have never had any issue with clogged jets due to encap juice, i assume its because i always flush out stuff.
      Guess if I cut out that little bit of care/maintenance i would know for sure, anyway i figure it certainly can't hurt and takes only minutes
      Maybe you got a bad batch? Do you shake the jug before you use it? Are you putting in to much? I don't know, just trying to figure out the problem you seem to be having because I don't have that problem with the orbot chem. I got a free case so i might as well use it, most likely won't use it afterwards as I like the bonnet pro, vacaway, and releasit chems form rick at excellent supply that i've been using for awhile now
      Lint Basket and encapman like this.
    16. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      I pulled out the mesh filter and cleaned it this morning. Looks like I'll need to filter this encap juice through a paint filter.

Yes. I rinse out my Orbot after every use and shake my chems before mixing. I'll make a video of it pouring out.

That was fun pulling out that filter and putting it back in. My bicep got stuck in the fill hole.

IMG_4389.JPG
    17. encapman
      encapman

Name:
      Rick Gelinas

He lied.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware that Steamway manufactures any detergents at this point.
    18. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      Ok. Not impressed. I ran this Hos Environ through a paint strainer. No good. Clogged up the strainer. Clumpy craziness. This pic is filling a water bottle direct from the jug while straining through a paint strainer

IMG_4390.JPG
      Last edited: May 15, 2017
    19. Tom Forsythe
      Tom Forsythe

I have yet to see any immediate performance difference in the field or the lab between crystalizer or film formers encapsulants. Any performance difference that you see are related to the concentration levels not the form of the polymer. We had one competitor claim 3X. In doing a dry down weight test we determined that we were lying when we said DS. If his was 3X then ours was 6X since the weight of the dry down was twice as heavy. One experiment that I did in the lab was to add a surfactant to a film former which resulted in crystals. I wonder how that happened? Is it possible that a crystal is a result of a special surfactant added to a film forming polymer? We use several different polymer blends in our Encapuclean DS formulas. We did a test recently on polymer release from carpet. One of our polymers releases quickly and the another releases more slowly. Since both are in the same formula it would seem logical that the release is spread out over time. Encapsulates are supposed to give a clean appearance immediately and should slow down re-soiling until the next cleaning. We also recently mixed up our encapsulant in koolaid and treated a polyester carpet. The koolaid does not dye the fiber but highlights encapsulants on the fiber. Brush the carpet off onto a white paper and you can see the encapsulate. You also can still see encapsulate on the fiber. One last point on scientific testing. Putting a concentrate into a petri dish and drying overnight does not reveal much except for the concentration level of the product. The test is variable as the amount put in the petri dish and the humidity of the room alter the results. If it is put in a lab oven, then both types are dry overnight. If you want to compare polymers in a petri dish, then at least mix up ready to use to see the dry down. As you can see we do a lot of lab testing and have had our Encapsuclean products proven in the field (2004) for almost as long as Releasit has been sold. In short, the form of the polymer can be different, but the results that you see in the field is negligible. Both can form the backbone of good products, which more than likely dominate the marketplace.
      SamIam likes this.
    20. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Pony Boy Curtis

Name:
      Rico
      We like the smell of the Encapuclean Green DS. Smells clean if there is such a thing. :winky: