Encap on antique Iranian rugs?

Discussion in 'Rugs and Textiles' started by Sierra Clean Care, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Tom's Uturn product is probably as good as it gets, especially for safety. I use a variety of products but you have to be careful with deodorizers that combine enzymes or oxidizers. Both can cause damage or dye bleed. The main thing is good flushing to remove as much urine as possible. I use Benefect often, either full strength or 50/50 depending on the severity. 1/2 hour dwell time. For remaining yellow staining, I use Chemspec or Esteam liquid browning treatment. It has a mild reducing agent.
  2. Sierra Clean Care
    Sierra Clean Care

Name:
    Jeff T
    Can I use sodium metabisulfite as fringe bleach? @cleanking
  3. cleanking
    cleanking

Name:
    Jordan King
    I believe that is a reducing agent, good for dye removal on fringes, similar to Masterblend's Magic. Stick with 3% hydrogen peroxide for fringe correction, safer to use and control. It can be accelerated by UV light (sunshine, DCI or Cobb light, etc.)
  4. Sierra Clean Care
    Sierra Clean Care

Name:
    Jeff T
    All the rugs turned out great. The one in question was cleaned by another company in town, and the fringe on it looks like shyte. I thought it was really dirty. The rugs is brown wool, with patterns, all in gray and brown tones. I wet cleaned all of them, and finished the fringes with my internal crevice tool. This is the only one that’s giving me trouble. With the 3% per. solution, obviously I want to use a trigger sprayer, and brush it into the fringe. How long for dwell? Do I rinse it out, using an acid rinse after? Or just let it dry?
    Jeff @ SCC
  5. cleanking
    cleanking

Name:
    Jordan King
    Let it dry, as peroxide dries it turns to h2o and will evaporate. No need to rinse.