Encap'n Profits

WISE

I will have to say I was skeptical of encap methods... We have done alot of it over the last few months and now I have to say it rocks! Mostly because it has been very effective and profitable. Yesterday we had a big job to encap...

5.25 hours-->$1218.25

Pile Lift
Encap
Post Vac

Looked awesome.

Got another one next week this one is a little smaller 3500sf $595; I am figuring 2 hours on that one. Wide open room.

Anyway--point is, this method is GREAT for some jobs and the numbers are better than HWE (at least for me anyway)

Best--
WISE

Al

Cool Beans!

Were loving our new Cimex, what are you encapping with?

AL

-JB-

Name
JB
SHH!
Don't tell everybody, we wouldn't want them all to make a profit. :wink:

WISE

We have a 17" rotary--with striped bonnets underneath.

Also have a Host; but the rotary is way faster. Not quite sold on the CRB "scrub/run" style...I like the bonnets cause it does pull alot into the bonnets. JMO.

My self imposed "equipment buying moratorium" is about to be ended! Cimex is the next toy for sure.

I think Pile Lifting, Encap, and Post vac is a solid system. I was impressed anyway.

Been focusing on more commercial lately due to numbers/margins.

WISE

Fred Geyen

I just don't get it. Shampoo the carpet (Encap) it looks good so lets just charge the customer the same as if we HWE.

ENCAP IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR HWE IT IS JUST ANOTHER METHOD. YET YOU GUYS GO OUT THERE MAKE THE CARPET LOOK BETTER (WHICH IT DOES) AND THINK GOLLLLLLY I AM SMARTER THEN ALL THE REST I WILL JUST CHARGE THE SAME AS IF I HWE. GOD LIFE IS GOOD!

Hey use the method just put some ethics in your business.

WISE

Hi Fred--

A friendly word from the Wise:

Make sure you have all the facts before making accusations.

I take personal offense to the implication you made that we are somehow unethical in our business practices.

Nowhere did I say Encap was a sub for HWE. You also assume that I do not have the ability to inspect a carpet; building, traffic load, soil type, etc to determine the best method of cleaning for the material and application. You also assumed that we are charging the same rate for Encap as HWE. You also assumed these are 1 time cleanings or restorative cleanings. Actually, what we are finding is we are able to reduce yearly maintenance costs for the client by using Encap/shampoo or whatever you care to call it while at the same time improving our margins on the contract.

You have no idea who I am or what we do; to make blanket statements without knowing 10% of the facts is just stupid. Noting your 27 years in the business with the focus on commercial and encap cleaning on your website; I say this with all due respect--GFY.

BTW--Our rates for "Appearance Management" as you call it are nearly half that of restorative cleaning.

Best--

WISE

WISE

Fred--

Is it ethical to call the encap product you manufacture/use/sell "Ultra-Restore"?

Just Curious

WISE

Fred Geyen

So did I get one fact right. I guess I am seeing $200/hr with first part of post. What did I miss?

Your 2nd job says 2 hours for about $300/hr.
Did I miss something with that one as well?

Yes Ultra-Restore is about restoring the Appearance. That has nothing to do with Bragging about High Charges which the post was about.

Hey in the end I think there will be a pile on of myself. Most guys are going to say what is wrong with Profit and they/yourself are right, but if we sell one thing (customer expectation) and do another we all would agree that is wrong. So in the end I would conclude that if you are telling your customer what you are doing (encap/shampoo) and they say great wonderful the charge is then Fair.

Guess you won't be buying any Ultra-Restore now will you. Don't worry we have not sold 1 Gal yet and may never. We like the propritary aspect of having our own product.

John G

It depends on what and how you are encapping.
We padcap, which simply means we clean like always using encap products. One NEGATIVE is, the carpets are staying clean too long.

So ethically, I guess I SHOULD charge MORE.

Everyone knows I have been doing the country club 3 times a year, since we went to Whamm, we now only clean it ONCE a year.... don't think I will charge LESS for that though....LOL

WISE

I did not post this thread to brag...anybody that knows me knows I am not one to brag or berate for that matter.

I did want to point out that the Pile Lift, Encap, Vac system has been providing outstanding results and profits so that others may consider working the system into their maintenance plans, etc. Like I said--Great for SOME jobs.

No worries--

WISE

The Preacher

you'd be smart to invest in a CRB machine before a Cimex. A rotary and bonnets will do just fine for beginning an encap program. most carpet manufacturers prefer a CRB to be used on their carpets for the pile lifting abilities.

make some calls to those of us who have been SHAMPOOING for awhile, you may be surprised at what you can learn about a simple method!

bobrog

Who Says Your not a Braggart?

Michael, Who says you're not a braggart? :D :D I'm proud to know you, your bragging capability and your successes. But why are you charging so little? I charged the MUSC Hospital that much ($1,200) per clinic floor when I introduced bonnet cleaning to them in 1982. Of course they found it cheaper to hire their own personnel. Seriously, there really is a fine line when commercial customers may start taking things in-house

WISE said:
I did not post this thread to brag...anybody that knows me knows I am not one to brag or berate for that matter.

I did want to point out that the Pile Lift, Encap, Vac system has been providing outstanding results and profits so that others may consider working the system into their maintenance plans, etc. Like I said--Great for SOME jobs.

No worries--

WISE

GRHeacock

Good for you, Wise!!

I sell "CLEAN", not a method or system.

The customer gets what they want- a clean carpet.

The method is chosen by me.

Sometimes HWE, sometimes shampoo, sometimes encap, sometimes bonnet, whatever will do the best job THIS particular time.

Next time, perhaps a different system. it depends on many factors.

And, like John G sez, in many cases, the carpet stays cleaner longer with encap system, so why not?

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom