Encapsoillater

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have this commercial account that is made for encap cleaning. Light to moderate soil in an environment that requires vacuuming three times a day. That's right, they HAVE to vacuum three times a day. I encap clean this account quarterly and the carpets always look wonderful. The carpets are 10 years old and still look brand new.

However, about every 18 months I start to notice a dingy look to the carpet and have to talk them into a HWE rinse of the carpets. It's a big deal doing this because it requires much more time than my normal scrub and run cleaning does.

I just did another extraction of this account yesterday and was amazed, once again, at the amount of soil I flushed out of this quarterly "cleaned" carpet. My rinse water was B-L-A-C-K!

So, the next time you hear the Ricky Cimex crowd saying the soil is vacuumed away, don't believe them. It's just hiding deep down in there waiting for you to flush it out.

admiralclean said:
I have this commercial account that is made for encap cleaning. Light to moderate soil in an environment that requires vacuuming three times a day. That's right, they HAVE to vacuum three times a day. I encap clean this account quarterly and the carpets always look wonderful. The carpets are 10 years old and still look brand new.

However, about every 18 months I start to notice a dingy look to the carpet and have to talk them into a HWE rinse of the carpets. It's a big deal doing this because it requires much more time than my normal scrub and run cleaning does.

I just did another extraction of this account yesterday and was amazed, once again, at the amount of soil I flushed out of this quarterly "cleaned" carpet. My rinse water was B-L-A-C-K!

So, the next time you hear the Ricky Cimex crowd saying the soil is vacuumed away, don't believe them. It's just hiding deep down in there waiting for you to flush it out.

That does not surprise me...I had hard time believin..that aas you vac it comes out. Shampoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Real world sceniro there.

Clark

My training program is complete. What have I been telling you people for years now? So I'm done. You are going to have to go it alone. If a pig farmer can figure it out so can you. It's about the money. Control. Ole Rich charges 4 cents a sq and makes $200 an hour. You guys don't listen.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Those SHAMPOO geeks always have that faraway look in their eyes when you explain to them that its an OLD method they use.

You see a long time ago far far away in another galaxy they used to scrub in their SHAMPOO with a rotary the same way they do with a cimex today.

People would say to them. "WOW! that looks good Mr. Janitor carpet cleaner!"

Little did they know that all that little crusty residue they were leaving was building up in the carpet. Then people walking by would comment in a mocking voice as Mr. Janitor carpet cleaner stood in the corner.........."These carpets are sure looking like S-H-I-T now"

Mr. Janitor CC would reply in a defensive squeeling little voice, "The dirt is being EnCApSULATED ......it will vacuum out!"

All the crowd of people would stand back and Laugh at the little carpet cleaner now.
They laughed louder when he suddenly got out his big yellow cimex and poured an entire gallon of his "Miracle" ENCaPSUlATOR into his tank.He yelled "THIS STUFF WILL ENCAPSULATE
GALLONS AND GALLONS OF MOTOR OIL!"

He went up and down the aisle scrubbing his shampoo into the carpet.
The suds were so bad it looked like a washing machine had overflowed.

Now totally embarassed he ran off to a corner and pissed on himself to the thundering applause of the crowd that had gathered to mock him.

This scene repeats itself everyday around the country as people are finding out that all these internet SHAMPOO salesmen are truly FOS.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Jeremy would say that Marty's encap procedure must have been flawed, or he just didn't use a "restorative" encap chem. :)

I, on the other hand, agree with Marty's conclusions.

Greenie

The first time you fire up the old shampoo machine of your choice and create a slurry of brown muck you will realize....it's time...for a good rinse.

I still think the best reason to scrub in some polymer is to limit resoil, not so much to "clean" as some call it, and sure if you can do like Marty and hide it for awhile, and keep them happy til you can clean it properly, everyone wins.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

While I do agree with the 18 month HWE rinse, I do think that there is a problem somewhere.

Some potential shortcomings:

1. The vacuum process is poorly performed, or has faulty equipment.

2. The "Encap" product is not properly coating & protecting the fiber.

I have many customers using either our Encap or Resistec, who have not noticed the "grey" appearance decline after many more "encap" cleanings than you have performed (6).

For a commercial application like you described,

the carpet appearance level should be higher with a well-designed "Encap" program.

Larry Cobb

G

Hey guys; don't blame me lol; I haven't touched a buffer since I did my last vct job!!

:lol: :lol: :roll:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Of course, blame the mfg of the product, since you know I didn't purchase them from you, and blame the people doing the vacuuming.

It can't possibly be a problem with the system.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bet they could vacuum ONCE a day if they didn't speed-vac
One good vacuuming in the proper direction and speed will pick up more soil than 3 fast vacs. Having a vacuum that will pick up the soil helps to!!

Rex Tyus

Larry Cobb said:
Marty;

While I do agree with the 18 month HWE rinse, I do think that there is a problem somewhere.

Some potential shortcomings:

1. The vacuum process is poorly performed, or has faulty equipment.

2. The "Encap" product is not properly coating & protecting the fiber.

I have many customers using either our Encap or Resistec, who have not noticed the "grey" appearance decline after many more "encap" cleanings than you have performed (6).

For a commercial application like you described,

the carpet appearance level should be higher with a well-designed "Encap" program.

Larry Cobb

I am staying out of this for the most part cause I am starting my new years resolution early. However, everything you said is worthy of consideration Larry. PENDING THE ENVIRONMENT. RESULTS WILL VARY.

For the record I think Marty is dead on accurate in his description of what is going on and the solution for it.

John Watson

Looks like the Porkster found a "Truffel Field" to me. We do the same, Everythings better with a little dushe now and again!! View filter looks black, I never check to see what it looks like in the tank. No Thanks...

ron markam

And... you are just now figuring this out.C'mon Marty you're supposed to be one of the smart ones. Just razzin ya!! I too have found this also.So people can say what they want but anyone who thinks they never have to rinse the juice out is loco en la cabeza. Peace!!

Clark

Well! My faith has been revived. That black sludge is soil bound up in the plastic. And very easy to remove. This system of maintenance (Encap and HWE) is the best for profit and appearance. In an ideal environment Encap works. In the real world it only looks good. We do very well with this system. We will start a new chain of stores Jan 5. 42K of carpet and 15c of ceramic tile per store. We have sold them this system.

You guys know Marty has never seen a live pig WRIGHT?

Rambo

Great post Marty.About 5 years ago I went from 3 truckmounts down to two and then a year later sold those two and went 100% VLM. I mainly used 4 products, Releasit, Vac-A-Way, Dynachem and Snap Encap. I did not lose any accounts because of the switch, but like Marty, we started to see some dullness and went back to Truckmount HWE. One of my accounts is a GM Dealership that I had encapped for 3 years (down quarterly) and when I flushed it out w/ the Truckmount recently, the water was black. So I concur with Sir Loin of Pork. I always get a kick out of Jimmies coments about Shampoo/Encap.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Pure entertainment Rambo.

Keeps em lined up around the block to get in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom