End of an era, the end of CleanFax.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
OK, guys, two things:

1. I can run a Zipper. Give me a break!
2. I bought a bunch of Cleanfax personalized pens. Darn it!

Seriously, yes the competition in print is tough. It's all about Internet now. I blame Mikey.
I always looked forward to getting your magazine s in the mail. Plus, I sleep better when I read a magazine vs my screen before I go to sleep and I hate my wife's RealSimple magazines.

Reactions: J Scott W

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
My memory would be the "Great Debate" that cleaners participated in. I was able to since my teeth into one of those about cleaning with high heat.

I once was able to contribute the cover article "Keep the Fire Alive" that was about the reasons to not give out but to keep going cleaning carpet, and how/why to keep on keeping on.

I used to advertise and contribute to "The Akita Journal" when I was breeding and showing dogs ( www.northlandakitas.com ) and in its heyday it was about 160 pages monthly. The internet finally did it in.

I will say that over the years I felt Cleanfax had more articles of interest than the other magazine. I still have a few copies saved.

Jeff is too talented not to land on his feet somewhere doing something. A good run with Cleanfax!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When I was on the board of the UCCI (an Ohio based association that had chapters from Minnesota to Maryland until it was absorbed by the SCRT), John Downey was the publisher of our internal newsletter, which we called "Cleanfax". It had great articles that were independent in position, refreshing, and a bit "ant-establishment"

I will never forget the meeting we had where John told us he was taking Cleanfax national, and would be competing with ICS, which at the time was the ONLY game in town, and the "Bible" for many cleaners.

We were convinced he would fail.

I guess he showed us.

John guided the journal, and often took on the IICRC and specific industry leaders. It remained powerful, then after he left had a lapse during the Humphrey Tyler days...

Then came Jeff Cross...the rest you guys know.

Mikey P

Administrator
During my first few years at Coit I was often called into the principles office to be reprimanded.

There was always a fresh stack of CleanFax magazines next to the browned out Haitian cotton sofa that I provided for office decor.

I would flip through the latest copy, eyes glazed over, thinking why in the hell would any one ever want to read about carpet cleaning?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
As a reader and a sucker for print media I'm sincerely saddened by the news.

If I had to put a number on it I would estimate I've read about 500 books in my lifetime. 499 paper, exactly 1 on an E-Reader. Such a garbage way to read imo. There is still something to be said for tangibility.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Damn, I never made it in an edition

Hate to hear this as Jeff really helped us along, between the banter of the roosters in the rooms and my own personal issues. Jeff and his rag always had a topic of interest or help.

huge help to me as a solo operator

Thank you Jeff

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Comic or Hardy Boys?

HAHAHAHA! Good call.

As I thought back trying to come up with a reasonable # one of my exact thoughts was, "Man, gotta be at least 40 Hardy Boys in there."

Used to love them.

Couldn't ever bring myself to suffer through an entire comic book from start to finish, though.

Name
jack zerkie
I think my first issue was in 1984 and really enjoyed it. Lots of great info and suppliers that weren't local. Made quite a few purchases from the mag. That's how I found Cobb supply and now all my things are from Cobb. jz.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom