ETM Equals #4 Blower TM Performance

FredC

Village Idiot
When I use a watts to HP converter, I get 1850 watts equals 2.48 bhp. In real life I believe 1.5 HP is the max for 120 vac 15 amp.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/elctrical-motor-full-load-current-d_1499.html was my reference in this case

but even if we use your numbers you are searching for 8+ individual circuits to achieve the same work rate

so unless there is something Larry has that show a serious efficiency disparity or a lack of need for said work.............

Reactions: Cleanworks

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm assuming it is 100% load free.............

but you certainly can't count on that in trw .....you're taking a trip to the basement to reset some breakers

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Hydramaster beat you to it. That's exactly what they do with the x drive, except it's a 18000 watt generator and instead of vac motors, they power a 4008 blower and pump with an electric drive motor. Why would you even consider playing with vac motors when given that kind of power, you can power a positive displacement blower. The x drive is every bit as hot and powerful as a CDS 4.8.

Using the X drive system to power a high powered porty or 2 will leave an option to use it as a truckmount and offer the option to pull it off for jobs that require the use of a porty. 4 Lx vac motors might be less than $800 .. a 36 blower is around $1500. LX easier to swap out for the little man. No need to carry a TM and a porty. I imagine a 75 gallon waste tank with 4 vacs on top being 12in wide by 36in long by 48in tall. Then a small foot print for a fresh water tank.I have one in my shed that measures 18in x 18in x 40in at 55 gallons.

This set up wouldnt be for everybody but sure sounds interesting. Id even carry an 18in x 18in propane heater along with an electric water heater which would allow me to choose based on my needs/allowances.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Using the X drive system to power a high powered porty or 2 will leave an option to use it as a truckmount and offer the option to pull it off for jobs that require the use of a porty. 4 Lx vac motors might be less than $800 .. a 36 blower is around $1500. LX easier to swap out for the little man. No need to carry a TM and a porty. I imagine a 75 gallon waste tank with 4 vacs on top being 12in wide by 36in long by 48in tall. Then a small foot print for a fresh water tank.I have one in my shed that measures 18in x 18in x 40in at 55 gallons.

This set up wouldnt be for everybody but sure sounds interesting. Id even carry an 18in x 18in propane heater along with an electric water heater which would allow me to choose based on my needs/allowances.
There would be no point in pulling it off to use as a porty because you will be running long power cords back to the truck. Be the same as your vac and pressure hoses. The machine will take too much power to plug into household current. Look, there is no doubt that it's possible but it is just not practical.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Larry;

In all due respect, why in heavens name would one want to over-load a ETM like that in an effort to beat the competition, or other wise? The poor newbie, as Lee Stockwell suggested, should not be mislead from a professional as yourself. I thought that Nuke Bombs were illegal.

And, oh, thanks go to PigHead for that compliment.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
There would be no point in pulling it off to use as a porty because you will be running long power cords back to the truck. Be the same as your vac and pressure hoses. The machine will take too much power to plug into household current. Look, there is no doubt that it's possible but it is just not practical.

Yeah alot of overthinking going on .. I was thinking only bringing in half of the set up when necessary. Say for instance .. a 2 corded porty with what ever combo you have (high vac no heat med pressure or lower vac plus heat n higher pressure) without popping circuits. Then when you want to leave it in the truck .. connect all vacs to a Y to create high vac .. use the water otter or which ever then either hot water box or propane burner.

Might be similar to the idea of the Workmaster electric truckmount

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
The future is Natural Gas TMs imo. Right now if you already have gas service to your home or business you can get a fill station for around 8-10k

So you would fill belly tank at home @ .48 cents/gallon whenever you needed. You could run a #6 blower machine and a LNG water heater.

If you really went hard you could run the trucks on LNG too.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
we run an all propne TNT that Les made custom, its a great machine

we fill the 50gal belly tank for 2.19/gallon but always has me thinking about less than 50cents a gallon for LNG

especially because the truck is diesel so it can also be converted I believe

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

FIRE BAD!
In about ten years with the bane I torched 3 extension cords and a couple outlets.

As plastic gets hot then cools numerous times it becomes combustible. I watched one combust right in front of me.

I'm loving the PTO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom