ETM Trailer w/17" hg, Propane Heat

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I finally got some photos today of the Backdraft ETM Trailer of Jerry McCammach (Mr. Carpet) of Denison, Texas.

This is a great example of what ETM's can do with modern vac motors.

Jerry used two of our new 8.4" Lamb Vacs (LMB5A)

in conjunction with two of our LMB2A vac motors.
ETM17.jpg

This is the 17" hg sealed vac photo:
It maintained over 10" hg at the wand, when cleaning today.

ETMFront.jpg

Here is the front of the machine:

ETMVacs.jpg

Here are the vacs:

ETMFilt.jpg

Large Dual Filters in Recovery Tank for Each Vacuum string connection

ETMHeat.jpg

This is the 1300 PSI Little Giant Heater & Tank for Tile & Grout:

ETMBack.jpg

8000 Watt Generator + Recycled Recovery Tank
(He also uses 220 VAC power)

Jerry built this trailer a few months ago and is really pleased with the performance.

He said he has about $8500 invested for the entire trailer.

He was in today to test 4 different wands with this beast.

Larry

Name
I'm Rick James
Didn't know he was over his last one. There is an unconfirmed rumor that I am now just starting that he is going to go work at Mytee's R&D department and getting paid in Bud light.. again this is still unconfirmed, maybe Burtz can fill us in.

Nice looking set up with the ETM..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
ETMBack.jpg

8000 Watt Generator + Recycled Recovery Tank
(He also uses 220 VAC power)

and that is where lectromounts lose their luster .
start with a lectromount that takes up as much space as a positive displacement blower'd gas TM.
Then lose more floor space by adding a GAS generator to privide "consistent" power without the headaches and PITA factor of blowing breakers

it don't make no cent$ to me

m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EBsLOJv-yIm]
..L.T.A.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Larry I agree. If you go electric, you can not carry a generator on the truck. I dont. Its electric to save fuel.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jerry tells me that most of the time he operates off customer electric power.

He told me he runs on a single 30 amp 230 VAC plug most of the time.

Gas consumption on the generator is under 3/4 Gal/hour.

I calculate 5800 watts total generator power used.

Larry

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Right on! That looks good. LIKE!

I bet she sounds like a swarm of bees too when you turn it on.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know what's important is the performance at the wand end, but it's difficult to get over the homemade look to it. With as much as he has in it and the time it took to design and built, why didn't he just buy Terry's or John's machine?

Sorry maybe the future machines are too far for me to see, when the present have so much more to offer. ???

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Beldar Conehead said:
I know what's important is the performance at the wand end, but it's difficult to get over the homemade look to it. With as much as he has in it and the time it took to design and built, why didn't he just buy Terry's or John's machine?

Sorry maybe the future machines are too far for me to see, when the present have so much more to offer. ???

performance is the most important....but... presentation is everything...maybe it is just a me thing ..but when I see wire nuts and unsupported wires...rolls of electrical tape holding things together...and nerf football vacuum relief valves.....then I start to question everything else...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Beldar Conehead said:
With as much as he has in it and the time it took to design and built, why didn't he just buy Terry's or John's machine?
There is great satisfaction in doing something by yourself from beginning to end.
Seeing it perform well and being able to fix it, improve it and earn money with it.
I thought he did a Great job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There is great satisfaction in doing something by yourself from beginning to end.
Seeing it perform well and being able to fix it, improve it and earn money with it.
I thought he did a Great job.
I agree he did do a great job with it but satisfaction doesn't pay the bills....well at least not unless he plans on manufacturing them. Wouldn't that design, development and build time not have earned him more money? Maybe it's just me but few things give me as much satisfaction as making money. LIKE!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Beldar Conehead said:
When he started building the ETM,

nobody was using the most efficient LMB5A 8.4" Vac Motors.

They are key to the very high performance and low current draw.

Larry

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
It is a air compressor tank.

Larry

I've made a few garage mounts using 60 gallon compressor tanks, they work like a charm and already have a 2 inch thread on the conical bottom for smooth draining. His doesn't look like the ones I've used, never seen one with a flat top before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom