Everest 650 or Sapphire 870

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I really wanted a 650 or 870, but I don't want to clean.

That's why I went for an amazing single wand unit that hopefully will make less excuses for jobs not getting done.

I really don't have alot of problem, but now and then not having onboard water hurts.

I also want a simpler unit for my guys.

The 405 I'm getting rid of has 6700 hours on it and I got it with 650 hours.

It runs great, but that machine is probably 15-16 years old.

I got it in 2011 and it was beast.
IMG_0278.JPG

Reactions: Russ T. and EDS
J

JS41035

That's why I went for an amazing single wand unit that hopefully will make less excuses for jobs not getting done.

I really don't have alot of problem, but now and then not having onboard water hurts.

View attachment 70265
That's beautiful

Reactions: SamIam
J

JS41035

IMG_6716.JPG
So I use the 870 for hard surface a ton. IF you do a high percentage of hard surface cleaning ,you will love the extra psi of hot water. But if you do primary residential T&G, 1000 is all you ever need. I only use the higher psi (above 1500) on nasty kitchen tile and sidewalks.
With employees it's kinda scary that with a couple of cranks on the regulator they could be blasting grout out with ease at 2500 psi.
I don't think the 870 is a replacement for even the smaller of the fuel fired pressure washing units. Honestly when ived cleaned sidewalks or other pressure washing jobs I make really lame money. But when it comes to those absolutely destroyed kitchen tile jobs. It is amazing. IF you charge enough.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

View attachment 70265
The simplest units are always the direct drives. I don't know about dual wanding with a Butler or Cleanco compared to an 870 but with the enhanced heat and blower packages available now, I believe the new direct drives are the cream of the crop. The advantage of slide in was always the portability, being able to install in an older van or trailer. I have had nothing but good experiences with my Hydramaster Cds units and having used Cleanco's for years, I can attest to their reliability. Especially if you have onboard water. You pull up in front of the job, pull your hoses in, flip 2 switches and presto, you are cleaning. Only 1 engine to look after.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Not sure if this is insider information or not... so will say I was told that after this year SS will no longer be using steel on any of their frames etc. Aluminum like the 370. Guess they listened to me hitting them on the rust issue. :icon_neutral: was a legit issue...so good for them!
So nothing until 2018 as far as aluminum frames go?

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
@mwall2230 and his dad got the 870's, then switched to the Everest 650hp...

I'm curious on the feedback as well... With @SamIam getting a pro1200 and @hogjowl getting another cleanco, something tells me to look into a DD more..

But I want a true dual wander...
I tried to get in touch with Mike Wallace about his thoughts but havent heard anything. I'm really torn between these two units.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
View attachment 70272 So I use the 870 for hard surface a ton. IF you do a high percentage of hard surface cleaning ,you will love the extra psi of hot water. But if you do primary residential T&G, 1000 is all you ever need. I only use the higher psi (above 1500) on nasty kitchen tile and sidewalks.
With employees it's kinda scary that with a couple of cranks on the regulator they could be blasting grout out with ease at 2500 psi.
I don't think the 870 is a replacement for even the smaller of the fuel fired pressure washing units. Honestly when ived cleaned sidewalks or other pressure washing jobs I make really lame money. But when it comes to those absolutely destroyed kitchen tile jobs. It is amazing. IF you charge enough.
I'd love to pick your brain a bit about your experience with the 870 if you ever have a free moment.

Reactions: Russ T.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have family that purchased a big steam action years ago. I was a 4 wand unit. Ive used it once or twice but they have had so many heating issues with it that it kind of soured me on steam action.
You're the first person who's made any negative feedback to me on those. How was the customer service when those problems kept happening?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never heard of one that didn't have overheating issues. I saw them both at my distributors. He just shook his head. He said support is pathetic and each one was made by what sounds like sub labor. Nobody knows anything and the guy says he has never heard about over heating issues.

He said the units were old and they owners should think about buying the new model. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
You're the first person who's made any negative feedback to me on those. How was the customer service when those problems kept happening?
I've heard more negative than positive from actual owners.

John Sales is a very interesting personality from the generation that pioneered truckmounts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom