Everest 650 or Sapphire 870

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've heard more negative than positive from actual owners.

John Sales is a very interesting personality from the generation that pioneered truckmounts.
I've got a local friend who owns one of these that's about 20years old, and he bought it new. It's a smaller unit, 25hp, so that might be different from the big boy design. He says it just keeps running with no problems, besides the normal maintenance. And a few years ago, someone on the other forum bought one the same size, and he says it has zero problems. I don't know anyone who's messed with the big ones.

What makes John Sales different, besides having a weird last name. I don't think I'd trust anyone with the last name Sales

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Personally, I don't think it matters anymore with the question Everest or 870. You're gonna get the same support from either model. Just look at the performance specs and see what's right for you. That might have already been said earlier. I just thought I'd shoot my opinion out there

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And just ignore my thoughts on the Steam Action. These old guys said the opposite on what I originally thought. They've seen some things from the other angle that I missed. Just stick with the big name products. I wish Hydramaster would bring out a unit like these again.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Don't you have the 575? Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, I've got the 575. I don't think it can compete with the everest or 870.

I love it, and the reason why I chose it over the Apex or 570 is because of how well Hydramaster backs up their products, and the performance is absolutely stress free. But for a 500ft hose run??? That's where the Everest or 870 comes in. That's why I was thinking about Hydramaster's previous 875 Titan

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
You're the first person who's made any negative feedback to me on those. How was the customer service when those problems kept happening?
That machine was in the shop more then it was cleaning. I believe they sent it back to John a few times. Last I knew it still wasnt working properly. I think they eventually just cut their losses on it. It was a beast for sure when it worked.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
Yea, everything's great when it works... It has to have more work than downtime... I'd just take other people's word for it on who had one..

Reactions: EDS

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Prochem grey would look SWEET in your new Transit!

Have you considered a Judson C-4?

I only ask because I know you're already very comfortable with LP.

Those big slide ins can dump a lot of water in the dump tank...that would get on my nerves.

But I come from a heavy residential, 1 wand, background.

Let me know if you want that guy's number (from Prochem, met in St. Pete). I'm sure I can dig it up.

I bet Stockwell gave you some good info.

I'm excited to see this come together for you Justin.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The SS unit dumps a lot, never heard that about the 650.

After they added a fix to the 570 it doesn't dump hardly at all.

I don't know if they did that with the 870 or not?

IMG_0609.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Hmm somebody was just telling me about something they recently did to the 870 to prevent it from bypassing so much but I think my brain was in overload mode as I can't remember what it was.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Prochem grey would look SWEET in your new Transit!

Have you considered a Judson C-4?

I only ask because I know you're already very comfortable with LP.

Those big slide ins can dump a lot of water in the dump tank...that would get on my nerves.

But I come from a heavy residential, 1 wand, background.

Let me know if you want that guy's number (from Prochem, met in St. Pete). I'm sure I can dig it up.

I bet Stockwell gave you some good info.

I'm excited to see this come together for you Justin.

I agree the new Prochem grey is pretty sweet. While I'm comfortable with propane I'd rather not have to deal with dual fuels. Plus theres a lot to be said about the big fuel injected engines. I dont think I could go back to a lawnmower engine.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Lawnmower engines suck, truly. I don't know what it is but I'm gun shy with the slide ins though.

You're looking at 2 of the very best though. Just keep the water moving. APO might be awesome.

Get the Everest man, you know you want it! :headbang:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
One of my competitors has a big, high roof Dodge with a 570 in it. It looks like a beast and it's something your distributor can work on.

You sure you don't want to be the guinnea pig with the Xdrive???:lol:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Will you be wrapping your new whip or keeping it that sweet grey color?

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I havent decided for sure yet. I do really like the color but I may end up wrapping it. But the inside is the same color :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom