Exposed Aggregate

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got a call today from a restaurant that is having problems finding someone to clean the exposed aggregate with an epoxy finish. I'm thinking a hot shower with a bit of akaline to bust the grease with a rinse and blow dry from Mr. Gekko should do the trick. Is I right or is I wrong? Are I right or are I wrong? :idea: Am I right or am I wrong?

Any suggestions are more than welcome and thanked for in advance!

David Gelinas

Hi Willy P
Help me out here if you will please, I’m not exactly following what you’re looking at.
Have you got a high build covering (grey two part epoxy paint) over an exposed aggregate floor or is it a clear epoxy coating over the floor? Ether way be carful you don’t lift any of the coating by letting water get behind it. (That’s one of the problems with top coating a concrete floor. Another problem is how to deal with it “properly” when it comes time to recoat. And let’s not forget the VOC’s of it all. – But that’s getting off point) As for cleaning it the way you outlined you should be good.
David Gelinas
Marbleguy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Yea i am thinking its clear coated.....

scrub it down with a 175, and suck up....

becareful if you use the TM and the pressure, that it doesnt start chipping the weak points...

I am with David...thats why i hate coatings on concrete...odds are that they could last a long time....BUT, if it does go...$$$$$$$ to fix it

And if it is a poly on it.....MOST chems wont hurt it...as always do a little test area

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yep - clear epoxy. Some other guys tried it but said it was too rough on their wands? Thanks for the help. I've worked in the carpet stuff for 30 years and it's kinda cool being a rookie again. I have stripped and waxed VCT and cleaned and sealed slate, but it's always best to ask if you don't know. Thanks, much appreciated.

David Gelinas

Bill

That actually brigs up a good point – the hard surface tool you’re using, does it have a rubber or bristled shoe to it or is it hard plastic/nylon?
If its not bristled or rubber you’re gonna have a bit of a challenge picking up your solution and you could even mar/scratch the epoxy.

David Gelinas
Marbleguy

Willy P

Name
Willy P
David Gelinas said:
Bill

That actually brigs up a good point – the hard surface tool you’re using, does it have a rubber or bristled shoe to it or is it hard plastic/nylon?
If its not bristled or rubber you’re gonna have a bit of a challenge picking up your solution and you could even mar/scratch the epoxy.

David Gelinas
Marbleguy
It's the brush head. I just bought it on Tuesday and I had my pick between the brush or thec squeegee style, but the brush made more sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom