Extreme Walk-up

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Friday on my second job the machine suddenly shut down. I knew the tank was not full so I went out a little worried. To my surprise there is an old man standing by the machine. I ask him if he had touched the machine and he said " *#@@* yes". He told me I couldn't use it in HIS neighborhood because it was to loud. I explained to him very nicely to please not touch my machine and I had every right to use it to clean the customers home. He said he had already called security and the president of the neighborhood and was going to get me banned immediately. I started the machine and got the tech back to work. A few minutes later the security came to the door and took the homeowner outside. I then got a call asking if all our machines where that loud. I told him yes and he said then our company would be banned from the community. The crazy old man also called the local sheriffs office. Two patrols showed up. Things got pretty out of hand when the office began to explain to the president and old fool that they could not ban a private company from going to a private resident's home. She read the riot act to him as he argued with her and finally she told him if he didn't stop all the commotion she was going to arrest him for criminal trespassing for going into my truck and shutting it down. We left so I don't know if he finally got arrested or learned to shut his mouth. The good news for use was several neighbors came out with all the commotion and one hired us. I also scheduled a job with one of the deputy's. One crazy old man and 2 new jobs.

Gene

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
I had a guy call the cops on me one morning a few months ago. I waited until 7:30 to start my machine and a few minutes later I came out to grab something and this big ole fat **** starting reading me the riot act. I told him I was sorry and did not mean to disturb him but that I had to clean this here carpet in this vacant rental home.

So I go back in the house and think nothing more of it. Came back out a little later and there was a cop out side talking to Senior fat ****. The cop wrote me a ticket for noise and said that there would likely be no charge but to show up and address it. I called the day before I was to appear and they said they had no info on me and that the cop probably did not turn the ticket in. The cop was cool about the whole thing, he was just trying to keep the peace.

Turns out the guy, Senior fat **** was in the process of losing his home to the repo man, or bank.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have never had anyone shut my machine down, and I am sure my common sense would keep me from beating the hell out of someone if they did. However, I can see how I could go absolutely crazy and lose my self control.

I hope I never have to find out.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would have claimed he did in excess of $250 worth the damage to your machine and he had no right to self help vigilante tactics and had him charged with a felony:)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would walk over to my cab and reach under the dash and flip my alarm cut out switch...call the cops have him arrested.. and and sue the POS for touching my truck and breaking it........but like I get walk ups...........

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I think it's great that you're going to be back in the same neighborhood cleaning again. :twisted:

I once had some guy staring me down from across the street from the house I was cleaning. I could see him through the window from inside the house, I went out to the van to get something and he asked me how much f-ing longer I was going to have that thing running, when I told him about another hour he went into a cussing fit about how he works overnights and can't sleep with it running. I suggested he get some ear plugs that the world doesn't shut down beceause HE works overnights. Keep in mind this was like 2:00 in the after noon, not late evening or early morning.

I use to work overnights myself so I sympathize but you have to adapt to it not expect the rest of the world to adapt to you.

I was in a similar situation. The dude started jumping up and down on my hoses, called me derogatory names , and the pushed me in the face. That's when I elbowed him in the jaw and laid him out.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Just a sign of the times. From the phone call hang up, the customer no show, the poor treatment by the customer, complaining about whatever................the common respect factor is going away faster than the summer heat.

Breathe deep, and grab those walk ups! 8)

rick imby

Name
Rick
Or you could eliminate the nuisance factor. Whatever you have to do to quiet the machine, do it. If you have to go back to using a Porty, you could still drive the big truck, without that monster in the back you would probably get better gas mileage.

There are noise ordinances in many areas.

Rick

Mike Draper

rick imby said:
Or you could eliminate the nuisance factor. Whatever you have to do to quiet the machine, do it. If you have to go back to using a Porty, you could still drive the big truck, without that monster in the back you would probably get better gas mileage.

There are noise ordinances in many areas.

Rick

Yea, or you could even buy a walmart hoover carpet cleaner, its even more quiet than a porty. :roll:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I pulled the blower to replace the flexhose which was more gone then there. I would of fixed that earlier if I had realised it was gone. I put on a new blower since I already had it and WOW it's way quiter. I would spend the time and energy to make my machine as quite as possible. I don't know what else I could do. It won't be buying a portable, their high pitched squeal is worse then a dentist drill.

Gene

Back
Top Bottom