FaceBook is not MikeysBoard

EDS

Name
Ed
IMG_1805.JPG

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Here is my funny facebook story. My first day on the seeseepee page and didn't know anybody except Doug Payne who put me in there. I read a post with pictures and dude is explaining that the old lady couldn't afford his rotovac service so he had to spend an extra hour scrub wanding and using a gallon of chemical and it ended up looking ok. I responded by ripping the dude a new one for doing the lady a disservice. Here is where it gets funny, It was Frank the moderator. I about got the boot on my first post. I had to stand up for myself explaining to him in a nicer way that he was in my opinion doing the old lady a disservice and that I was sorry. I like Frank. Facebook apparently doesn't like Frank considering how it treated him over the ICE Vegas break, poor guy. That is not funny. Hope he is doing okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How do you do that?

I'd also like to see them.

I just came to the decision a week or to back, to ban someone from my pages due to disparaging remarks.

Hopefully, before I cark it, I'll run into this big grub once more, and leave him wanting to know where to find a good orthodontist.

DON'T upset old farts, they may forgive, but they never forget.

:yoda:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
Facebook's aim to combat fake carpet cleaning advice with fact checkers & ‘untrustworthy’ shame label trial

Published time: 15 Jan, 2017

Facebook is gearing up to battle the problem of “fake news” on social media with a new name-and-shame system involving independent fact checkers being trialed in Germany.

The social media giant has employed the services of Correctiv, a nonprofit group involved in investigative journalism and news auditing, as an independent fact checker.

According to Facebook, new updates to the social site for German users can be expected in the coming weeks. It could see content shared by outlets deemed to be purveyors of false information sent to the back of the Facebook algorithm queue.

The changes include tabs that allow users to report suspected fake news, as well as labels that name-and-shame organizations believed to be peddling fraudulent information.

Facebook insists the system will work through third-party fact auditors associated with Poytner’s International Fact Checking Code of Principles.

“If the fact-finding organizations identify contributions as fraudulent, they are provided with a warning label that identifies them as untrustworthy. The warning contains a link to the corresponding article as well as a justification for this decision,” Facebook says.

“Messages classified as untrustworthy may also appear later in the newsfeed,” they added.

Correctiv announced the partnership via their official Facebook page and the fake news phenomenon as a major threat to politics in Germany.

“Fake news - especially on Facebook - is already one of the major threats [to] our society. That is clear. We fear these threats will become even more massive in the comings months. Whether it be in the NWR election [North Rhine-Westphalia state election] or the election of the Bundestag next autumn,” the company said.

A Facebook statement read: “It is important to us that posts and news posted on Facebook are reliable.”

“We are pleased with this progress, but we know there is still a lot to be done. We continue to work on this challenge and will introduce these innovations in other countries in the near future.”

It comes after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg asserted he is taking the issue of misinformation seriously, but admitted the social nature of the business meant the company erred on the side of “letting people share what they want whenever possible.”

“We need to be careful not to discourage sharing of opinions or to mistakenly restrict accurate content. We do not want to be arbiters of truth ourselves, but instead rely on our community and trusted third parties,” he said last November.

Last year, German Social Democratic Party politician Thomas Oppermann suggested social media sites like Facebook should face individual fines of up to €500,000 for the spread of fake news.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/373773-facebook-fake-news-trial/

Reactions: Lint Basket

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Seems right that this should begin in Germany. Who fact checks the fact checkers?
Slippery slope...

Reactions: Able 1
Name
jack zerkie
I am on a new apple cider vinegar I drink just a few ounces with a small glass of water. DO NOT drink it without WATER it will damage your vocal cords.. The drink lowers your blood pressure and cholesterol . It really works the Dr. says I m going to live. jz.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yeah, my FB is ruined with retard carpet cleaners. It pisses me off when I post something and I get a bunch of idiot opinions and comments. I expect that from the knuckle draggers on the groups, but not my personal timeline where some of my customers and family/friends are. I need to do some major house cleaning.

As for my FB business page, I never post political, sexist, or non carpet related things. I also don't like it when other carpet cleaners follow my Business FB page. It screws up my metrics.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
It came stop people from posting fun or inappropriate comments on a post, but you can keep things you tagged in from showing up. I believe you can even keep someone from posting directly to your wall until you approve it (even if it's not a tagged post). Only way to keep them from commenting is to block them.

I also have my settings so that only people I'm friends with can see things on my wall/page. So no one should be able to see more than photos on my wall if they aren't friends with me.

You can go to the settings ans type in a persons name at it will show you why they would see if they looked at your page. There a few options so they can see all, some or very little beard on what you want them to have access too. You can also select your audience when you make a post and keep certain people from seeing it.
You can also friend someone, and put them on a restricted list so they see nothing from you. Keeping your page private is best. No one can tag me at all either unless it is on a group post

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom