Fade repair

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
I'll try this again. I posted last night and obviously didn't do something right. I pieced in a couple of 1" Dia. repairs on a light grayish/tan carpet yesterday. I had to get a donor from a piece of carpet that had been outside for the dogs to lay on. The pieces I put in are I believe sun bleached a bit and don't match. My question is how do I color blend this with crayon or chalk? I took a SA repair course a couple of months but we didn't have time to get into this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Doug Rice

harryhides

Name
Tony
Doug if you can get some more of the doggy carpet, ( if not any remnant will do ) take it home and practice on it with light strokes using a grey or tan ( or both) crayon. Warm them up a bit with a hair dryer first.
When you go too dark which is likely, put a little Iso Propyl alcohol on a clean towel and wipe off some of the added color. For removing smaller amounts, do not use any alcohol.

You just need to practice a bit and play around with the concept.
Once you are happy with the result, just heat set it with a steam iron ( on Wool setting) over a paper towel or cotton towel for a couple of minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom