"Fake News"?!

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I have been in this Industry as long and probably longer than most (43 years) . And, certainly as a manufacturer and developer of HWE. Using the most modern and updated components possible which will work off common outlets here in the USA, and overseas which will not trip breakers, and thus become a drag on the operator. In other words, build it properly to be the most powerful it can be without going over the edge!

However, when I read comments and promises currently by another manufacturer of portable HWE, has become Fake News for sure. Unfortunately, the unsuspecting but believing "dreamers" (potential purchasers) take this information as gospel and not common sense. The promise of 1200 psi; 4-5-6 vacuum motors (heck, I'm losing count here-lol!) ; plug in to 240 v out lets, .............are you kidding me?!-lol More components does not necessarily equate to better in this situation.

Listen, the truth of the matter is the Operator can not get all this energy and performance from a standard home outlet and, without burning up their switches and machine, or at the very least, the possibility of burning down the home by over-loading circuits, period. What a frigg'in hassle. I'd rather purchase a gasoline TM and be done with it.

Anyways, I highly suggest being aware of this "Fake News" and use some "Common-Sense" instead, and I'll bet that Scott W will agree with me on this one!

Best to all.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Phony B.S. is everywhere. I agree, Ed. It is helpful to hone your discernment so you can sniff out the Fake News. I read portable threads though, Jowlster because I hate portables so much I want to read about the Fake.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The sad reality is that we have only so much power in a home or commercial establishment. There is no 1 portable that can do everything well. Some situations require a single power cord only. Others let you run many. A 1200 psi 2 cord machine is not going to have the same vacuum power as most 2 cord 500 psi machines. By necessity, they have to have smaller motors. Not all 3 stage vac motors are equal. It would help if manufacturers would advertise the actual performance of the machine, instead of quoting the maximum performance of the components. Carpet cleaners also have to educate themselves as well. Recently heard a story of someone who upgraded their pump and couldn't understand why it didn't show on his pressure gauge. Turns out his wand had an excessive jet size. Portable makers should not be comparing their machines to truckmounts. Not the same thing and to get truly close, it would cost the same as an entry level truck mount anyway. Let's have some real truth in advertising.

F

FB7777

Do you still claim 300 CFM in your ads Ed?

This unpaid self promoting yet competition bashing one excluded of course

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have been in this Industry as long and probably longer than most (43 years) . And, certainly as a manufacturer and developer of HWE. Using the most modern and updated components possible which will work off common outlets here in the USA, and overseas which will not trip breakers, and thus become a drag on the operator. In other words, build it properly to be the most powerful it can be without going over the edge!

However, when I read comments and promises currently by another manufacturer of portable HWE, has become Fake News for sure. Unfortunately, the unsuspecting but believing "dreamers" (potential purchasers) take this information as gospel and not common sense. The promise of 1200 psi; 4-5-6 vacuum motors (heck, I'm losing count here-lol!) ; plug in to 240 v out lets, .............are you kidding me?!-lol More components does not necessarily equate to better in this situation.

Listen, the truth of the matter is the Operator can not get all this energy and performance from a standard home outlet and, without burning up their switches and machine, or at the very least, the possibility of burning down the home by over-loading circuits, period. What a frigg'in hassle. I'd rather purchase a gasoline TM and be done with it.

Anyways, I highly suggest being aware of this "Fake News" and use some "Common-Sense" instead, and I'll bet that Scott W will agree with me on this one!

Best to all.
I agree Ed, there are too many portables, and ETM's, that say they will "easily" run on 110VAC house current.

In our area it is sometimes difficult to find 20 amp circuits. So, I don't suggest designing a unit that needs 20 amp circuits, nor one that requires 220VAC to operate, in this country.

The most important issue is that the unit will perform as advertised, for long periods of time without annoying failures, and will make the user pleased with it's performance and reliability.

You don't need 4 electric vac motors to go 150 feet, if the unit is designed right in the first place - 2 vac motors will suffice, like your Jaguar. Parallel motors work better - period.

I think you know what you are doing by now, seeing as how you have been at it for a long time.

Keep on truckin'

Mikey P

Administrator

Best to all.

Ed if you had to buy a Portable, other than yours, to set up a business, which would it be?

and how would you go about cleaning residential carpets...steps taken, chems, additional equipment etc...

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Fred;

On our web page we indicate specifically what the particular Ametek specifications are for the vacuum motors; lift/cfm/air watts. This offers the potential purchaser information on what vacuum motors are being used for his comparison(s). Further, we listed and indicated that the JAGUAR 8.4 ETM system --in an independent test, taken by Jim Morrow (former GM employee of quality control) -----(note: not ours or our figures) produced 280-285 CFM's. Not 300 as you had commented.

IMHO, this is the best way of doing it and allowing the operator, or arm-chair engineer determine what his results are under his own situation. When ever the manufacturer provides their own testing, it always seems to start an argument, and IMHO, rightly so in many cases.

Mikey;

In regards to your question, my recommendation would have been be one of Terry's, or Bob's machines. IMHO, they didn't just have "one of the most powerful components" but more importantly, the design (which most overlook btw) is more important in ---maintaining---optimum performance. In otherwords, as Lee Stockwell once stated way back in the 90's, "a system is a lot greater than the components" ..........................................(design). Thanks Lee for that statement!

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, since neither of those are available to the average Joe, what commercially made unit comes closest to meeting your standards?

F

FB7777

Fred;

On our web page we indicate specifically . Further, we listed and indicated that the JAGUAR 8.4 ETM system --in an independent test, taken by Jim Morrow () produced 280-285 CFM's. Not 300 as you had commented.
!

I don't recall ever going on your website, just remember the old Magazine ads you took out in the back pages

They typically has Up To 300CFMs in big print

Like this from Steambrite

IMG_0482.PNG

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Mikey;

Never thought about it only because, naturally, I believe in our current machine(s) as being perfected for a lot of reasons and in terms of optimum performance, etc. Thus from that stand point, I would go with Scott's recommendation as far as blowing away the majority of other brands.

Fred;

That was then; this is now. But, thanks anyways.

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Mytee has a new one that is suppose to be a real game changer. They have proprietary vac motors made by Ametek Lamb 225 CFM and 13 HG https://www.mytee.com/products/etm-lx-115/
So you need to find 2-20 amp circuits, not always easy to do, then you need to add a heater. If you are going to use a generator to run it from your truck, you will be better off with an entry level gas powered truckmount

Last edited:
Name
Todd
They say 2 of the new LX motors in serious performance like a 370 TM. I haven't tried one but that is what they are saying. I think they take about 13 amps amps each.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I am using the Ametek switched reluctance vac motors, which are rated for 1500 hours (they do not use brushes), and can clean at 150 feet with no vac booster.

It is a 2 cord machine.

Looks like they have some good motors for ETM's and portables these days.

Back
Top Bottom