Fast and effective tile and grout cleaning?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Is a TM with spinner tool the fastest, most effective way to clean tile/grout? I got rid of my TM years ago and really hate tile/grout without it. I mostly use my Brushpro, 175rpm, portable/shop vac, mops and brushes to do the cleaning. It turns out really well, I just dread doing it.

Name
Nate W.
I have a few customers with 18" Tile floors but the content manipulation is where I rather refuse cleaning it.. Couches, Rugs, a lot of wooden furniture, isn't worth the hassle for me..

Do you just clean the open areas? Seems like it's easier to just clean kitchens and bathrooms in occupied residents...

Empties is a no-brainer...

steve_64

I have a few customers with 18" Tile floors but the content manipulation is where I rather refuse cleaning it.. Couches, Rugs, a lot of wooden furniture, isn't worth the hassle for me..

Do you just clean the open areas? Seems like it's easier to just clean kitchens and bathrooms in occupied residents...

Empties is a no-brainer...
So no added value?

I like a hard floor wand over the spinner in a home but that's just me.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I always look closely at residential tile and grout in a framed home. If it wasn't slab on grade, 7 times out of ten the contractor hired some slob to slap tile right over the subfloor.
That allows flexion, which is death to grout.

1: inspect the vent openings to see if there is any hardibacker or cement board underlayment.
2: really go over the floor for existing damage. Note it and make the customer aware of it, using chalk and take a picture.

If it seems sound, use a spinner.
If not, go low moisture (I default to superheated steam) to avoid injecting water into cracks and under the tile.

Ymmv

Name
Nate W.
I always look closely at residential tile and grout in a framed home. If it wasn't slab on grade, 7 times out of ten the contractor hired some slob to slap tile right over the subfloor.
That allows flexion, which is death to grout.

1: inspect the vent openings to see if there is any hardibacker or cement board underlayment.
2: really go over the floor for existing damage. Note it and make the customer aware of it, using chalk and take a picture.

If it seems sound, use a spinner.
If not, go low moisture (I default to superheated steam) to avoid injecting water into cracks and under the tile.

Ymmv

I have never seen a floor register here.. Central AC yes, but no floor vent here..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom