Feedback on an In Home Sales Video

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by tmiklethun, Jun 11, 2018.

1. TomKing
    TomKing

Supportive Member

Name:
    Tom
    You asked for some feedback so here it is.

I was bored and much of you talking sounded like you are leading a seminar at MF. I liked how you said some things and it made me think about how we say stuff.

Honestly I would lay this down and pick up my phone if you where at my house. I think your idea is amazing and could have great impact.

I would think you would want to work on your messaging and set it up to educate so the client can see why they need the add on service. I would dress nicer, stand up, center the shot. You being in your office was super distracting. You would have been better off in a neutral setting. 30 seconds for each service would be best. I would choose the service I thought I could up sell first and go for one not multiple. A rifle shoots farther than a shotgun. It has more impact and velocity so does a single sales message.

I would hire a spokesperson to do this. This could be awesome if done right. I think it's the sort of thing that there really is not a quick video hack.

Look at FB, IG, You tube no body with thousands of followers looks like this. The feeds that people are getting daily are awesome. There are people who are making a living being social media influences. A head shot in your office doesn't even come close to what people are used to seeing. Ask your wife to look at her Instagram feed and who she follows. That's what the standard is.

Here is our latest commercial. It is not relevant for a service company but I will break down the costs so you can see what we got for very little money. I think if done right your could justify the production cost based on what you could earn.

Costs
    $800 for the video
    $300 for the voice track. I have used the track on my last 2 commercials. The first commercial was not that great.
    $1,100 total

2. TomKing
    TomKing

Supportive Member

Name:
    Tom
    So do you plan to have employees? If not in three years you will have nothing to sell but a list and a used truck.

I can finance a brand new truck for $900 a month. I can go out and start walking in every strip mall, restaurant and realtors office for free.

If someone is not doing the work for you and your collecting the checks you will be selling a job not a business.

I know that sounds crass but it is the reality of being a one truck owner. Unless of course you are doing $200k each year take home. Then you might have something I could buy.

We have bought three 1 truckers and only a small fraction of the clients stayed with us. We currently only earn about $70k per year from those 3 purchases. They got us where we are but long term we built our own client base.
  3. tmiklethun
    tmiklethun

Name:
    Travis Miklethun
    Tom,

I really appreciate your thorough opinion. I have a higher produced video on the home page of my website it still me talking, but in front of a green screen and superimposed before and afters flashing the whole time I was talking.

I may have made a mistake in my though process, but I purposely choose to tone this one down a little a make it more conversational and relaxed.

Boring I was not going for and hope that no speakers for MF got offended. LOL

I do know that my business will carry a lower value, but if I try to go multi truck I will probably be carrying to much debt to sell in three years.

I have basically been advised by my doctor that I only have a few cleaning years left do to some damage to my neck.

My hope is to find a technician who want to upgrade. Have them qualified to buy and hire them for the last year meet all the clients and hopefully that will help the clients carry over.

We will see how it works, but its the best plan I have now.

I will think about how to make the video less boring, but I don't want to lose the conversational feel.

Thanks again
  4. smastio
    smastio

Name:
    Steve Mastio
    You ought to be able to have it professionally done for a couple hundred. by professional I mean someone that does it all the time. If you are not familiar with www.fiverr.com you should be.

Also - glad you like the look of the vid in my image, but it's' not about looks - it's about empowerment! If you want to learn more just reach ojut.

All the Best - Steve
  5. Blue-Collar Hero
    Blue-Collar Hero

Name:
    Rich
    I was going to mention fiverr but didn't want to make Tom feel bad for over spending. :winky:
    I suppose when you have big bucks to waste you can spend $300.00 on voice over but for the rest of us schumcks $30.00 can get you a primo voice over.

We have used Fiverr for video animation never spending over $20.00 and yet getting great quality. Its easy, much like 99 design but a lot cheaper with more services.
    smastio likes this.
  6. TomKing
    TomKing

Supportive Member

Name:
    Tom
    Could you put up some samples of your couple hundred dollar videos? I would like to see what you have done to build your company. Maybe I could learn a few things.
  7. Hoody
    Hoody

Supportive Member

Name:
    Steven Hoodlebrink
    @TomKing - that voice over work sounds a lot like my friend Alisha Bond. Is that her by chance?

If you want another option for voice over here is her Facebook page with many examples of her work. She's has her own recording studio and does really great work. She also sings and does Broadway type musicals and theater acting.

https://www.facebook.com/alishajeanbond/
  8. TomKing
    TomKing

Supportive Member

Name:
    Tom
    Nope our lady is out of Nashville.

Thanks for the offer. We are in with our pick. We had all of our phone message on our new system done by here also. She is doing all our brands.
    Hoody likes this.
  9. smastio
    smastio

Name:
    Steve Mastio

10. FredC
    FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
    Fred Cordell
    at least one mistake at :30 in second vid