Feeling guilty

steve_64

Yesterday I cleaned a doctor's office I got from a referral. Went out measured it up at roughly 2500 sq ft. bid it for $500.

After cleaning I felt guilty!

It only took an hour and twenty minutes. Got a call today that it looked great!

I feel better but vawter helped me over it.

Cleaned pizza hut in an hour and twenty also for ,$300 last night. I feel like it's not enough now lol.

Ever feel guilty for your price?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
$500.00 for 2500 s.f. they should feel guilty. They got a good deal. And you made nice money.

Keep it up. That's pretty good production rate- 2500 s.f. for an hour and twenty minutes.
What were you cleaning with?

Mikey P

Administrator
We have a contract job for $2500, twice a year.
If no one was watching we could finish in under two hours.

But we are watched to an extent so we make it last about 5 hours.

Now they want us to clean their stairs between five floors. Never been cleaned and only back pack vacuumed. Not too bad really..

We know their going to wick a bit so we'll force dry and touch up with encap and a Makita

$3000 :eekk: for 65 steps

btw @WillS .... they never ask what method we use..

Do I feel guilty?

Fook no. I worked darn hard for years to become that company.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Never.

And here is why. We offer value and stand behind our work. The price is for the results. Not how long it takes us to achieve the results.

We always give price up front. If they felt it wasn't fair they could decline. If we didn't achieve results to their expectations we would make it right or refund.

If we were overpriced for our market we would not get referral or repeat business. That's the bulk of our business. I don't feel guilty charging a premium when the client is happy, uses used repeatedly and referrs us. Certain demographics expect to pay a premium. It's their way of life. Someone has to fill that niche....why not us

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Averaged $1800 an hour, two guys on a job over the weekend.

Great work by the guys, great tools, equipment and products that made us super efficient. Happy customer who sees the value in what we did for them and has us booked for 3 more appointments between now and end of November.

It's possible and out there. The world is your oyster. Go get it!!!!!

steve_64

$500.00 for 2500 s.f. they should feel guilty. They got a good deal. And you made nice money.

Keep it up. That's pretty good production rate- 2500 s.f. for an hour and twenty minutes.
What were you cleaning with?
I'm second guessing my sq ft age. I counted tiles lol.

Used my 2002 Wm pro 1200 with a bad ball joint clutch blower and now waiting on my brother for jump. Just finished another pizza hut for $200 in twenty five minutes.

I'm getting a new starter tomorrow. Died the last two days.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hell I wouldn't know what do
Averaged $1800 an hour, two guys on a job over the weekend.

Great work by the guys, great tools, equipment and products that made us super efficient. Happy customer who sees the value in what we did for them and has us booked for 3 more appointments between now and end of November.

It's possible and out there. The world is your oyster. Go get it!!!!!
Its alright, too much success would probably just spoil me. :biggrin:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My starter was giving me problems (replaced) and its a 2 year old GMC.

You should charge more now with the new starter. Someone better be paying for it :winky:
$200 for 25 minutes. Not quite Prima money but than who does? You're doing all right.

At that production rate, inquisitive minds want to know what you're eating before hand.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Hell I wouldn't know what do

Its alright, too much success would probably just spoil me. :biggrin:

It's ok to spoil yourself if you can still stay humble. And you can do good for others. Nothing wrong with personal freedom and enjoying the fruits of your labor. And using your good fortune to better the lives of others.

This is the beauty of life and being an American. We have the freedoms to form our destiny and shape our business to what we want. Some are not comfortable doing what we do....and that is ok too. Do what makes you happy and what allows you to sleep peacefully at night. No one has a right to judge how you run your business and what kind of money you do or don't make.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Give it a try Grasshopper.
Why don't you do humble here and we be the judges.

Prima will judge for the Americas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Give it a try Grasshopper.
Why don't you do humble here and we be the judges.

Prima will judge for the Americas.
I don't judge people by what they do or how much they make or by what they own. None of that is important to me.

After all some day we will all be judged and when that day comes we will all realize how little all those things actully mean.

Yep, what we will be judged by is how well we cut grass...and I...am a fookin grass cuttin gawd!

A fookin grass cuttin Gawd! :biggrin:

A Fookin Grass Cutting GAWD! :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

At that production rate, inquisitive minds want to know what you're eating before hand.

I take GNC vitamins and several piña coladas last night. Some good smoke too.

I'm having shoulder trouble on the right side and carpel tunnel on the left and both elbows are shot. I'm so looking forward to winter this year.

Reactions: ruff

steve_64

Got the starter in and my late morning tile job pushed back to late afternoon. Booked two jobs one was for late afternoon so I need to call and move them up. The other scheduled for tomorrow. Still trying to get Friday off but got two days till then and everyone wants it right now.

Oh saved almost $200 putting that starter in and it didn't take an hour.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just as others have said....

Don't feel bad...the good ones balance out the bad ones...

And if it makes you feel any better...I would have been around $950....

Don't underestimate your worth and value....

charge what you need to make a living, and also be able to better yourself and business...replace equipment...get newer equipment so can remain on top of the game...

maybe even afford to hire help....

Mikey P

Administrator
Ely in SCRUZ called me today..

Hey we got a 4200 Sq ft job on for our second stop

What's the problem, not enough time?

No, we can dual it out in two hours, its the cost, I measured it out at .60 and he said "no problem, go for it". I feel guilty...

Give him a repeat discount when done but get $400 an hour..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom