fiberglass insulation throughout home

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
I have a client that had her ducts cleaned, some were plastic tubes insulated with fiberglass. The insides were shredded, it took a year for anyone to figure it out. Now they have fiberglass everywhere.
The ductwork is being replaced this week, and she is having the walls washed (probably painted, they're flat paint). Then she wants us to clean her carpet and upholstery. They have developed health problems (breathing and skin irritations)
Should the carpet and upholstery be cleaned or replaced. I let her know that it is impossible to remove all fiberglass.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wow, wonder who the duct cleaners were that tore up her flexible duct work??

are they on the hook for the clean up?

some thoughts...
they had the ducts cleaned for a reason, I s'pose
was it due to repository probs?

if so, makes me wonder if I'd want to take on the job anyway

I don't know about an insulation clean up that was blown around thru the HVAC system.
If I did attempt it, I'd be sure to thoroughly vac first with something that exhausts outside
(like a turbo vac hooked to a TM or porty)
In a pinch, you can put your vac hose on an upright to make it exhaust outside.
Some uprights are easier to do that than others

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it's bad enough to be a concern, I'd have them replace it.

Can it be removed?
When you get fiberglass on clothing you wash it away, but look at how many cycles it's goes through.

It would be difficult if not impossible to duplicate that type of cleaning on installed carpet.

Plus the fact that is been over a period of time where it has been tracked in, makes me say replace it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom