Filtration soiling

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In another thread someone mentioned filtration soiling. How do agressive do get and what kind of results are you achieving? What tools and what chems work for you?

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've never had too much problem removing it if I try... I dont always try

I have squirt bottle of citrus based prespay mixed strong, put it down then give quick scrub with an old grout brush and rinse out

Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I use this. But most off the time I just scrub with my foot. A little Nike shuffle.

wpffe07513_06.png

Reactions: Matt Middleton

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
when heavier doses of pre-spray doesn't get it, Fels 'n dwell
along with max flush hand tool /stair tool and hands 'n knees detailing in the most severe ...additional charges may apply:winky:

with the most tenacious type (the 6.379% that don't release with a extra pre-spray and/or a bit of agitation)
adding oxidizers to strong degreasers aids improvement

I haven't found the specialty filtration juices to work any better than the above
and when good pre-sprays won't get it, I find Fels to be the best filt remover in the history of the world

I wraps the Fels bar with a ProPoint or BridgeChem label so I looks professional........CHAVEZ :arrrr:
(and I don't let my butt crack show when hands 'n knees detailing)

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pee-esss

with the most tenacious and severe on white/off white cut pile, where the last row of fiber bundles at baseboard can't get 100% removal
I CHEAT and tuck those bundles into the tuck gully

don't tell my friends......

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
jack zerkie
Candle burners cause the most problems here because the windows are closed and the air is on most of the year. Gets in the air ducts and causes the black lines.

Reactions: hogjowl

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
It is important to keep in ind that not all filtration soil is the same. Different pollutants in the air at different homes. It makes sense that different products may work on different jobs. These are some of the things I have found effective.
  • Heavier concentration of an alkaline prespray. Boost with Citrus Solv for the oily components.
  • Bridgepoint Filter Free. Filter Free does have a charged particle that helps break forces that hold very small particles to the fiber.
  • Avenge Pro for the foam that helps lift contaminants to the surface.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I found that some of the products used for fire restoration worked quite well. Prochem used to have one that was about 11 pH and pink in color.

Short of the most visible and annoying areas, not worth the client's extra money as its coming back.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I found that some of the products used for fire restoration worked quite well. Prochem used to have one that was about 11 pH and pink in color.

Short of the most visible and annoying areas, not worth the client's extra money as its coming back.
This is one of things that a lot of carpet cleaners and home owners don't understand. It is coming back. We have many carpet cleaners here charging $2-3 per foot. I had one building years ago that had filtration soiling 8 inches wide in some places. Brand new suites that no one had ever lived in and of course, white carpets. The filtration problem was compounded by their elevators not being vented properly. They would push air up and down the hallways. Every suite also had central heat and air conditioning. The filtration was heaviest along the walls where the heat pump was. We would clean up a suite for showing but in 2 weeks, it would start showing up again.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe in 1950
Bob has it exactly right. Where you have excessive filtration lines, you can usually stick your fingers under the wall. Carpets that have a tighter seal under the wall have little or no filtration. What some people have done in the past, is to seal the gap between the floor and wall with expanding foam. When cured, just cut it enough to tuck the carpet in.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Cobbs Powermax mixed real strong, followed by a grout brush and crevice tool gets good results. Seems like the lines where the computer sits and the office mat are always the hardest to remove.

Name
Matt Middleton
We simply use regular prespray and rotary clean and edge with a pmf 4" edger. If black lines are still present we use the narrow pmf crevice tool. Nails about everything we see. Extra work but gets it clean with out being on your hands and knees.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yeah, if I had a long handled edger, I’d try it out. I just use that good ol’ 4” Gekko and it seems to work pretty well. I have a short edger. Cannibalized the trigger off it when one of the elves left his wand out in the cold and freeze burst it. Didn’t like it anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom