Word of mouth?
Word on the street?
Local college?

Where o where can they be...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I plan on swiping them from some other biz. When it comes time, I'll ask folks who I see providing great customer service elsewhere. I'd prefer to hire someone who doesn't know a thing about carpet cleaning.

They'd have a clean slate and no pre-conceived thoughts on how things should be done.

Scott Rogers

How do you find a employee driven enough to succeed but not so driven to become your competition. He could take many of your customers if you are off the truck for 5 years and he has been servicing all the accounts.

Mike Brummett

Put an ad in the paper. Talk to LOT's of candidates. Check ALL references.
Don't get in a hurry.
Interview with open ended questions that cannot be answered with a yes or no:

"What are some of your goals?"

"Where do you see yourself one year from today?"

"What is your definition of success?"

"Tell me about a difficult situation that you faced on one of your previous jobs and how you handled it."

and so forth

MIKE

P.S. If that's Santa, she can sit on MY lap this year! :p

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We get almost all our new employees from our current employees, or customers. I don't even remember the last time we ran an ad.

We pay them great with a great benefit package and treat them with the same respect and appreciation we want them to give our customers. And you know what.... it works.

Don't let naysayers get you down, hire someone you feel good about then go ahead and encourage them to be great!

Ken

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steal someone already working or right out of high school.

Of my two full timers.

One came right out of high school.
I knew him for years, knew he was a very hard worker and knew he wasn't going to college or trade school.
He's been with me over 6 years.

The other i stole from a roofing contractor.
I knew a little about him from being around the hood and knew he wasn't afraid of work.
He's been with me for over 2 years and is my lead man

What ever you do, when you find a good man/woman, treat them like gold.
Cause the truth is, they're literally worth MORE than their weight in gold to you

..L.T.A.

G

Go to Lowes, go to Pep Boys

Lolly gag with everyone you see. There are tons of people out there. Where do you live, I have one person who would be perfect.
Also, ask your distributor. They know.
Also, you need to tell us if you are looking for a helper or a person who can go on his own.
Commission is 14% for a helper and up to 25% for a lead.

Al

I raised my lead tech from scratch, I guess i pay the little bugger to much cause he just took off for 10 days in France, Germany and Amsterdam. Must be nice!

Jimbo

I raised a good one also, Al...and Coit hired him away! HP says to hire a Hispanic family man...Scott and BRC friends encourage giving out cards for folks that give extraordinary service...if you ever need a job....blah blah blah...I suppose it works out good...Hire the smile.

I think my next employee will be some foxy female from Nevada...I could let her do the upsells!- Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom