Fire retardant on drapery

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Got a call to apply fire retardant to drapery in a commercial location. We have done this before, but it's been a while.

Who else is doing this? Do you charge by the panel? window? sq. ft of fabric?

Drape will be in a doorway between two rooms, not on a window. Both sides need to be treated. 10 ft hight by 6 ft wide, both sides so total of 120 sq. ft of fabric.

What would you charge per sq. ft?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Don't apply fire retardant but I would just charge for time plus expenses. The same basically as protector. When I say expenses I mean I pay 100 per gallon and charge 200 which is their cost plus my time.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Are you potentially held liable if it burns regardless?

When I looked into this about 10 years ago for our school, here in the State of MN I could have been held liable....and the expense to clean and apply fire retardant....was too expensive....BECAUSE...

They now make a new curtain that is lighter, better and already fire retardant....so our theatre bought new curtains (the old ones were 25 years old at the time)

So....I proceeded to clean all the seats in the place instead....(and under bid them...LOL!)

Definitely check into this with your insurance person to begin with I would suggest.....

Name
Nate W.
I was told you need to keep the files for 10 years and you can still be held liable... Not worth the headache for us...

My pops friend in LA does a ton of fire retardant...

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
our insurance said no we are not covered for that work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom