First Dual Wand with PC 650 hp Today

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Had a sizeable job today and decided to dual wand it, my first with the ProChem 650 hp. Seemed to have good suction at both wands you could tell a small amount of loss but minimal. The general pump kept up with both wands, with not as much drop in pressure as the cat. The thing that impressed me the most was that I had the temp lever turned all the way down and she was maintaining 210 with both wands going. I have had to turn it down more times than ever on the V. If you set her to about half she will reach and maintain 230-240 quickly and with ease. I have never put it on high temp, have to get my calises? used to the higher heat. Oh, I also set the rpm to high for the first time while dual wanding.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I agree, the 650 is a BEAST for heat. We run it on high all the time, dual wand or single wand. Haven't dual wand it yet.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
150 ft per wand. Two Ti's 6 jetted. I run (4) 11002's on inside and (2) 9502's on outsides so I believe this is a 12 flow, I had someone explain it to me once but I can't remember how to come up with the flow. I know it's somewhere between 12 and 18

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
150 ft per wand. Two Ti's 6 jetted. I run (4) 11002's on inside and (2) 9502's on outsides so I believe this is a 12 flow, I had someone explain it to me once but I can't remember how to come up with the flow. I know it's somewhere between 12 and 18

Billy - the last two numbers in the jets number is the amount of flow. 110, 95 are the angle of the jets. So 6 x 02 = 12 flow. If you were running 11003's and 9503's the angle of the jets doesn't change, but the flow increases to 18(6 x 03).

Lars

Name
Lars
I love my PC 650 Hp!

1st true dual wand I have used so far.

Great heat even with dual wands going. I have not yet run it on high speed because medium speed is just fine.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mike we run single wands on our trucks unless we're doing a bigger commercial job.

There is only so much air that can flow through a 2" TI wand.. If you aren't duel wanding most of your jobs, it's a waste of money IMO. Your NOT getting any more vac then an Apex.

I think the best set up would be a 650 with three guys, 2 wanding and 1 pulling hose and moving things.. Just can't find a van/truck that would seat 3 comfortably.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like Rob did all your youtube videos
That intro is a bit over done for my taste. Too loud and I can't see where it does anything for the market you're trying to reach. If you're selling Monster drink, Gatorade maybe but too much for carpet cleaning. It's just over the top for who you are trying to reach IMO, I change it to something softer more inline with the target client.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I'm sure you're right about only so much air flowing through the wand - but, I've used lots of machines. Legend, Apex, Everest, AeroTech, etc and I can guarantee that the AeroTech & Everest have much more suction than the Apex do. But, whatever, it doesn't really matter as long as you're making money and have happy customers.

FredC

Village Idiot
There is only so much air that can flow through a 2" TI wand..

Yeah and its only what? Say @ 14" through the 3+ square inches

I've heard this quite a bit.....but never the actual number...it may surprise you. :winky:

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree..if you watch more than two videos the splash down becomes list as annoying as watching Rob's strut front of the camera.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
By the way Ben.... one of my virus protectors red flagged your site with a malware threat. I would check your web master tools settings under the Health section.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom