First Granite Counter Job

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I went back to follow up on this counter this morning. It took me a little over 2 hours because I was going slow to make sure everything was done right. Got $240 for it. Customer is thrilled. I tried to get a good shot of the reflection from the window, but camera couldn't capture it too good. The reflection of the bowl shows how good it came out.

1ACD53A1-BC02-4618-808A-89AC9229CA86-13462-0000120D9F9A65AA_zps8ecb11db.jpg

0B00F2E7-1AC8-4EDB-A1AB-D59668871960-13462-0000120D4EAF71F3_zps385e87bb.jpg

Thanks to Rob from stone pro for spending time with me at Mfest and helping me out on the phone!

Reactions: Mikey P

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
That's awesome Charlie. A $240.00 pay day, not a bad $96.00 investment. When was the last time you made $120.00 an hour cleaning carpet? You should have enough chemical left to do at least 10 more jobs and enough polishing product to do at least hundred more. Never look past a granite counter top again. Nice job.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm pretty stoked about it. I bid on another one today and I have a $400 one coming up in April. I find myself looking in kitchens now for granite.

Name
cameron demille
I actually do lot of granite refinishing. Honing, polishing, grinding seams etc. , but I have never used the products like Rob showed in his video. after 4 brutal years my counters are starting to show some wear, I'm looking forward to trying this procedure.

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
That's awesome Charlie. A $240.00 pay day, not a bad $96.00 investment. When was the last time you made $120.00 an hour cleaning carpet? You should have enough chemical left to do at least 10 more jobs and enough polishing product to do at least hundred more. Never look past a granite counter top again. Nice job.

Rob, What polishing product did you sell Charlie? Just Curious.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
What exactly did you do?

It had a dull appearance. The reflections from the lights were just circles of light, you couldn't see any reflection of the light fixtures. Same with the windows and other objects. Now everything reflects off them.
I polished them like Rob showed in his video. They were also very course to the touch. Now they are smooth as glass.

[video=youtube;NWmC-B1cNAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWmC-B1cNAg[/video]

Last edited:

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Charlie,

Did you only do the inland counter top or the counter top in the back of the picture too for $240.00?
Do you charge by square foot, linear foot using a base price per for clean, polish, protect and then extra for medium to deep scratches or stain removal? Sort of like pricing for carpet cleaning?

Thanks,
Bill Morgan

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Charlie,

Did you only do the inland counter top or the counter top in the back of the picture too for $240.00?
Do you charge by square foot, linear foot using a base price per for clean, polish, protect and then extra for medium to deep scratches or stain removal? Sort of like pricing for carpet cleaning?

Thanks,
Bill Morgan

I did all the counters. It wasn't scratched. It just had a dull and rough appearance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom