First wood floor

Abigail

Name
Stacy
It's been slow going for me and the business, but it's starting to pick up. I did a job for a guy who ownes dozens of rentals and he liked the work! Yea!
Anyhow he wants me to do another two rentals which have a mix of carpet, tile, and hardwood- both real and engineered.

I have a rotovac 360i and tile head, with a cfx. - porty only for now

I have been speaking with a guy at an interlink shop and can rent the equipment. The rental fee is $65 for the day with a deal on weekends What should I charge, over the rental, for the areas? Per sf or 'area'? Obviously, this guy wants a deal because these are rentals and I'd like to keep him using me.

He also wants me to do all the cleaning for showings!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Cleaning and applying 2 coats of preservation finish to a wood floor in a residence usually runs from 65 cents to $1.25 per sq. ft depending upon your costs of doing business, the market you work in, your level of service.

You could discount from this if you wish, but understand your costs to provide the service. It does not matter how much work this client can give you if you don't make any profit.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would decline for now, you dont know how to identify the different styles yet and what to do with different situations.

These floors are going to be a mess and his problem will become your problem real quick.

Abigail

Name
Stacy
It's just a cleaning, he was specific about not wanting sanding. I did tell him any scratches won't come out, neither will water damage. He just wants it cleaned and looking a bit better

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom