Flame retardant?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have seen flame retardant cause reddish areas to show up after cleaning, but it is usually on cushions and not the body off the furniture. Does this look like flame retardant and if so, what if anything can be done to remedy it? @Jim Pemberton

20231101_091712.jpg

20231101_091654.jpg

20231101_091624.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I do see it all over like this from time to time Brian.

Do this:

Spray it with household ammonia. The red should disappear, but will come back when the pH shifts back after the ammonia evaporates.

So, before that happens, spray it with a solution of baking soda, diluted 1 tablespoon per quart of warm water.

Repeat if a little comes back.

If you get a build up of baking soda on the dried fabric, remove by brushing and vacuuming if it all possible.

Rinse with clear water if you have to, but if you remove too much of the baking soda, the red discoloration will return.

Call me if you like: 412-414-9129.

Mikey P

Administrator
I do see it all over like this from time to time Brian.

Do this:

Spray it with household ammonia. The red should disappear, but will come back when the pH shifts back after the ammonia evaporates.

So, before that happens, spray it with a solution of baking soda, diluted 1 tablespoon per quart of warm water.

Repeat if a little comes back.

If you get a build up of baking soda on the dried fabric, remove by brushing and vacuuming if it all possible.

Rinse with clear water if you have to, but if you remove too much of the baking soda, the red discoloration will return.

Call me if you like: 412-414-9129.
Can he text instead?

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom