Flex Fire resoiling issues?

Name
Jeff T
Anyone have issues when they use a high PH prespray (such as Flex w/ CS), and using Flex Fire as a rinse? I’ve had a jug laying around the shop for a long time,I want to use it up. I’ve got a commercial job tonight (bank), and thought this would be a good time to test it out. Of course I’m going to use it as instructed...
Jeff @ SCC

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Jeff T
I’m subcontractor for a large janitorial company. They asked me to do a total of 11 banks in the area. This is the first. I just want to get my system down, so I’m not fookin it up for them..... I always use an acid rinse, I just feel this place needs the extra boost...

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's pretty powerful stuff. Just make sure you do enough dry strokes to remove as much solution as possible. It' the type of stuff that combined with your prespray, may leave the carpet crunchy if left too wet. Otherwise it will clean extremely well.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Chris A

Name
Chris
I’m subcontractor for a large janitorial company. They asked me to do a total of 11 banks in the area. This is the first. I just want to get my system down, so I’m not fookin it up for them..... I always use an acid rinse, I just feel this place needs the extra boost...

If it's not filthy, try an acid side emulsifier (we use prochem all fiber deep clean), less worry about the high pH then

Reactions: Jimmy L

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Use your regular stuff. You can then deliver repeatable results.

Using some leftover just to use it up, won't be repeatable unless you plan on buying more of that product.

Plus why take a risk right out of the chute on the first job for a new client. If there is an issue you won't know if it's the carpet or the chems.

Stick with your normal products. Use that other stuff on a rental or apartment.

Name
Steve Lawrence
damn, im saving some serious money. no acid chem rinse here, and anyway, our city water is somewhat acidic on most days so we don't see a need.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thats funny, I just posted about Flex Fire last night and how it smells like Watermelon. I use it but it crusts up my QD's and jets after a while. Honestly, I don't know how Mike and other flex users get away with it as an everyday go-to rinse. But to each his own.

As far as cleaning results, it works good and smells good and dissolves well. Just too bad Watermelon tastes disgusting, so don't eat the powder. The last time I used it was on a Urine filled white poly. It turned out great. I'm like you. I have a case laying around i'm trying to work through. I do prefer the Fire over the Ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy L

Tom Forsythe

There is re-soiling in the lab world and re-soiling in the real world. Lab re-soiling tests that I perform are unrealistic. We add the diluted product heavily to carpet squares without rinsing. We let it dry and then run it through our drum re-soiling test along with a control (unprotected nylon sample). Even with this extreme test I have never had a rinse diluted at 1 to 320 for liquids and 1 to 640 for powders be worse than the control. Remember that you are extracting the rinse with a truckmount along with the globs of soils and oils emulsified by the pre-spray. The phosphate rinse agents carry away more of the soil than water does alone. In short, re-soiling of the majority of professional rinse products should not be a concern, so forget about it. Most re-soiling is the result of surfactant residue not alkalinity or acidity.

Re-soiling long-term will primarily be the result of residual pre-spray not properly rinsed out of the carpet or short term the wicking of soils from the base of the carpet fibers during drying. Most re-soiling is the result of surfactant residue from pre-sprays not alkalinity or acidity. Acids or alkalines in a rinse are highly diluted. We add non-resoiling polymers primarily to pre-sprays as they are the risk to re-soiling.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is re-soiling in the lab world and re-soiling in the real world. Lab re-soiling tests that I perform are unrealistic. We add the diluted product heavily to carpet squares without rinsing. We let it dry and then run it through our drum re-soiling test along with a control (unprotected nylon sample). Even with this extreme test I have never had a rinse diluted at 1 to 320 for liquids and 1 to 640 for powders be worse than the control. Remember that you are extracting the rinse with a truckmount along with the globs of soils and oils emulsified by the pre-spray. The phosphate rinse agents carry away more of the soil than water does alone. In short, re-soiling of the majority of professional rinse products should not be a concern, so forget about it. Most re-soiling is the result of surfactant residue not alkalinity or acidity.

Re-soiling long-term will primarily be the result of residual pre-spray not properly rinsed out of the carpet or short term the wicking of soils from the base of the carpet fibers during drying. Most re-soiling is the result of surfactant residue from pre-sprays not alkalinity or acidity. Acids or alkalines in a rinse are highly diluted. We add non-resoiling polymers primarily to pre-sprays as they are the risk to re-soiling.
I've been saying that for 30 years now. Well, maybe not as eloquently as Tom. Maybe you will listen to him.

Name
Jeff T

Thankyou for the reply Tom. As I use RO water for cleaning in my TM, does this affect either the PH, or the final results? I use 1/4 of the amount of prespray (Biobreak for residential, Flex or Traffic slam for commercial), and use Endzone as my go to rinse. I find my results are WAY better now than when I was just using tap water (we’ve got very hard water here).

Tom Forsythe

As I use RO water for cleaning in my TM, does this affect either the PH, or the final results? I use 1/4 of the amount of prespray (Biobreak for residential, Flex or Traffic slam for commercial), and use Endzone as my go to rinse. I find my results are WAY better now than when I was just using tap water (we’ve got very hard water here).[/QUOTE]

I have not studied the difference in cleaning between soft water, R.O. water and deionized water so I can not comment. I do know that any of these versions of water will work better than hard water. Scott and I do not talk about soft water to sell everyone a water softener (alot of companies sell water softeners and salt), but because it is the most important step in quality rinsing. In fact, if you buy a water softener you buy less chemical and need less work done on your truckmounts. You win and we lose. However, we win by providing advice that makes you more successful.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thats funny, I just posted about Flex Fire last night and how it smells like Watermelon. I use it but it crusts up my QD's and jets after a while. Honestly, I don't know how Mike and other flex users get away with it as an everyday go-to rinse. But to each his own.

As far as cleaning results, it works good and smells good and dissolves well. Just too bad Watermelon tastes disgusting, so don't eat the powder. The last time I used it was on a Urine filled white poly. It turned out great. I'm like you. I have a case laying around i'm trying to work through. I do prefer the Fire over the Ice.

Mike uses the ice ice baby!

Reactions: Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't like watermelon either. Too sticky and messy. When we were kids it always came with seeds, too much work. I like grapes, plums, peaches, strawberries much better.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom