Flooding Baseboards.....

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
that guy is gonna have a really happy customer when he does that on a cookie cutter house with MDF baseboards and it soaks that water up like a sponge

hell have some swollen baseboards to replace.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So how do you guys reduce the risk of moisture getting into the base boards?

I know Mike that you suggest to your clients in the prep email to caulk it, but I assume most don't

Todd Slamen

Name
Todd Slamen
get the exhaust hose for a sub pump fill with sand tie ends, use to create water day and keep water away from baseboards, strip /clean large areas 1st. next to base dampen towels allow proper dwell time add five minutes agitate by hand and hand dry. very time consuming but efffective

Reactions: ruff and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
get the exhaust hose for a sub pump fill with sand tie ends, use to create water day and keep water away from baseboards, strip /clean large areas 1st. next to base dampen towels allow proper dwell time add five minutes agitate by hand and hand dry. very time consuming but efffective

Any photos?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Year old video. He's come a long way in the last year. The orek is gone and he has a CRB. His Customers love him.

Ofer asked-
"So how do you guys reduce the risk of moisture getting into the base boards?" I use the tile wand to do edges and Turbo for the rest. I use to tilt the turbo on its edge and that was too much moisture on the baseboards even though it was immediately extracted.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff and BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So how do you guys reduce the risk of moisture getting into the base boards?

I know Mike that you suggest to your clients in the prep email to caulk it, but I assume most don't
I don't know if it's right, but I stay about 2 inches away from the baseboards with the spinner and when applying the tile cleaner. After i'm done cleaning the open areas, I go back on my hands and knees and scrub each grout line that butts up to the wall with a spotting towel soaked in tile cleaner. I then hit it again with a clean towel to wipe up any residue.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
When I started doing stone/tile I was a rookie and would pre spray the floor all over with a hydroforce, luckily never had any issues.

Now we use a pump sprayer and pump it up just enough to let it pee into the grout lines, then CRB.. usually its more than enough to get the job done for residential

if its really needed well do a light mist over the tile/stone after before extracting.

Reactions: ruff

Mikey P

Administrator
When I started doing stone/tile I was a rookie and would pre spray the floor all over with a hydroforce, luckily never had any issues.

Now we use a pump sprayer and pump it up just enough to let it pee into the grout lines, then CRB.. usually its more than enough to get the job done for residential

if its really needed well do a light mist over the tile/stone after before extracting.

Make your stuff up in the bucket and pour it down then move it around with a flat mop

Reactions: Acp and ruff

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
two different kinds of cheap molding

for lack of proper terminology, they break down into two types
sawdust and glue type and compressed paper type

the compressed paper type is the one you have to worry about most .

problem is, it's very difficult to tell when installed

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That’s not what you’re full of ...
Ha! I got up early to get some paperwork done. I was dragging last night and went to bed early. My last job was bad. I thought about making a new thread about it but I'll just post here since i'm lazy. You know what, this is turning out good. I'm making a new thread.

As for the tile video. Is that guy here? I don't know who he is. Sorry if I offended you by saying that was painful to watch. But it was. Glad to hear you're improving on your method.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
On my recent new install/construction mess job I advised the home owner to have their painter seal up below the MDF base board with clear silicone. I knew I was going to have to get the floor very wet, so I was glad the took my advise.

The shine of the silicone bugged me and got me wondering if SGA would be applicable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom