For the Chem Manufacturers.....Carpet Sealer

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Why doesn't someone make a sealer to apply to carpets with odor problems? The ideal product would be applied like a protector. I think the customer could even live with some stiffness of the fibers if it eliminated odors.

Maybe something is out there already that I don't know about? I've even thought about experimenting with some of the waterbased T&G sealers just for fun.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Being that carpet is a porous surface, I don't think it would be possible to seal it....ESPECIALLY after the factory.

Take care,
Lisa

You can clean it and seal the backing and any odor is long gone. You could probably slap some on the pad if it was not too bad.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
rhino1 said:
Why doesn't someone make a sealer to apply to carpets with odor problems? The ideal product would be applied like a protector. I think the customer could even live with some stiffness of the fibers if it eliminated odors.

Maybe something is out there already that I don't know about? I've even thought about experimenting with some of the waterbased T&G sealers just for fun.

Most of the Tile & Grout sealers are florochemical based the same as carpet protectors. They are not a vapor barrier. I do like the laminated pet pad. Truth is there is no silver bullet for pet odor unless you put it in the head of the little ankle bitter.

Name
George Valliant
It's not unheard of for people to use Hardball Chemical sealants as a deodorizer too.

The fragrance absolutely rocks and lasts for days.

I use Cobbs UltraSeal Apple. Its a special blend he makes by request only.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The fact that carpet is porous shouldn't make a sealant or maybe encapsulator impossible or even difficult. My thought is you only need a coating that -when cured - is transparent and very flexible, as well as being a fairly efficient sealer. Basically a protector on steroids.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom