For those of you who don't like the Royal Vacuum

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Which vacuum would you use for trashy, sandy carpet that has a bag, not a container. My Royal is trashed and it's time to get another slumlord apartment vacuum. Should I go to walmart and pick up the $89bissel and replace it once/year, or is there a $400 vacuum that can last just as long as my Royal did and have the power of one?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Should I go to walmart and pick up the $89bissel and replace it once/year

Yes
and the bagged model is cheaper than $89...it's like $39-$49 bukz

or is there a $400 vacuum

yea, that's it
Lets buy a $400 vac to abuse in filthy stinky ratholes:icon_rolleyes:
...that makes lots of sense when 10 Bissel bagged models that suck JUST AS GOOD can be had for the same price :headscratch:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jim Morrison
Name
Matt Ross
For small nasty places, ya I'd buy the bissels. The bags are cheap and they do suck amazingly well for the money. I have them for a couple tiny janitorial accounts where all they have is a few welcome mats. The first thing to break on them is the height adjuster thing underneath. At that point they ride on the carpet and clean even better. It's kinda funny. They are self improving vacuums for $49.99.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Panasonic commercial.
IMG_20170909_163515.jpg

Name
Jeff T
Not my experience. Lots of power and never stalls. Throw away the bag when full and clean the filter
I do however TOTALLY agree with the purchase of the vac behind it though..... great shop vac..... I run a 30' - 2" vac hose.... and the C/C vac cuffs fit nice and snug.....

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
What ever happened to the love affair with the shark? I swore some of you were dry humping it at one point........

wilpath

proteam upright, hoover insight which is a pretty good vacuum, kirby, hoover conquest which is a beast for heavy soil.a royal

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I like the bissell clean view for a disposable vacuum. Goes on sale for $79 at fred meyer all the time and the suction is really good, actually better than the sc99 sanitaire commercial I had.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Does anyone else have issues with the brush roll going BAD on the big 18" Royal?

The ends get hair and crap in them (unless you baby them), and I end up replacing mine ($25ish from Jon Don), every month or 2.

I was hoping it was an issue with the big Royal, due to the extra length in the brush roll. Does the 14" model do the same?

I feel like the BIG Royal is probably best on commercial carpet. I seem to have some issues when I get into the thicker, residential pile carpets.

I've considered giving one of those Orecks a shot, that Mike was raving about.

Or buying the smaller Royal. I do already stock the belts and bags so it might make sense to stick with Royal?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Does anyone else have issues with the brush roll going BAD on the big 18" Royal?

The ends get hair and crap in them (unless you baby them), and I end up replacing mine ($25ish from Jon Don), every month or 2.

I was hoping it was an issue with the big Royal, due to the extra length in the brush roll. Does the 14" model do the same?

I feel like the BIG Royal is probably best on commercial carpet. I seem to have some issues when I get into the thicker, residential pile carpets.

I've considered giving one of those Orecks a shot, that Mike was raving about.

Or buying the smaller Royal. I do already stock the belts and bags so it might make sense to stick with Royal?
One reason I'm considering dumping the Royal. I go through a lot of brush rolls that I buy from jondon also. Either they're getting cheap crap or Royal isn't like the original Royal anymore. I'm very disappointed in the bag. I bought a new one, and it's more plastic than cloth and it's got wear spots all over it. I'm gonna go to my local vacuum store and check out their royals and see if there's any difference, because that's where I bought mine from. I think Jondon might buy bulk from some other manufacturer that puts cheaper parts on it like the bag and brush roll, thinking it's not gonna make a difference, but for us, it sure does. I'll let you know what I find at the vacuum store. I'd rather spend an extra $100 at the little store and have almost no problems than having to replace my brush and bag more often than needed

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
4 brush rolls a year is $100. Then add the time messing around with it and agrivation.

Is yours the 18 or 14 Matt?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The rolls are garbage. They are super lightweight and not rebuildable or replaceable.

Maybe there's some better replacement parts somewhere?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom