Foud the problem

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I posted earlier about a coolant leak on my CDS. I had tried to identify the source of the leak on my own but without any luck. So I took a day out of my schedule and drove to the nearest Interlink dealer where I bought it and was told no leak could be found by them either. $65 labor charge for that. After another day of work still leaking, I got to looking at the fittings on the HX and discovered one of them to be loose enough I could turn it by hand, and also to my suprise it was plastic. I had one of the exchangers replaced a few months ago at a different IS dealer and I guess over time it just started leaking. I replaced the plastic one with brass along with a a new hose and it appears I solved the problem. But why would a manufacturer put a plastic fitting in such a place?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
RGH269 said:
. But why would a manufacturer put a plastic fitting in such a place?

to save a dime would be my first thought

another thing that comes to mind...it doesn't say much about the service dept at your local Interlink disty's does it?

..L.T.A.

PCCN

dmirf1@msn.com said:
Maybe you should get you $65. bucks back.

Agree! BUT, when did ILS EVER do a refund due to shoddy work or misdiagnosis? Maybe elsewhere in the country but not from where we are. That would only be too professional and something us cleaners like to call "good customer service" and building loyalty.

Back
Top Bottom