Fridge Magnets

Mikey P

Administrator
How many of you leave refrigerator magnets behind?

Do they "work" for you?

Who has the best deal on them?

And would you please send me one of yours if you have not done so already?

Rex Tyus

I use them.

Yes. They work very well.

I buy mine local, not at a good deal.

I think you have one of mine.

Rex

John G

Have used them for decades, they are one of the best things for people having easy access to your number.

We make our own.

maker

When I was still cleaning I wanted to make my magnet stand apart from the rest. It seemed that a lot of people had more than one carpet cleaners magnet on their fridge. At the bottom of my magnet It read "MAGNET GOOD FOR 10% OFF NEXT CLEANING%. It was my best marketing tool by far( besides doing good work). Sometimes customers would ask if they could receive 10% of the cleaning I had just done before I gave them the magnet. I would explain the reason the magnet is good for ten percent off is if their calling off the magnets then I don't have to advertise and I'm simply passing the savings on to them. Everybody wins.
My second year in business I did about a tenth of the advertising I did the first year and I was still growing at a good rate. I am sure their were other factors involved but I credit alot of it to making the magnet a coupon.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Mikey p said:
How many of you leave refrigerator magnets behind?

Do they "work" for you?

Who has the best deal on them?

And would you please send me one of yours if you have not done so already?

I have used magnets for the whole of my 6+ years and Dad did for his 12 years in his business before that.

I think they are a great marketing tool and last way longer than anything else you leave behind.

When I was O/O I left them on site. No that I have staff, I send them out with a thank you note a week later. along with a few other things like pen, ROSE chocolate and coffee vouchers totally depending on ticket value.

Mikey, I've just changed over my design, if you PM me your address, I'll send you one of each of the old and new. Only problem I see, is they'll possibly want to hang upside down on your fridge!!!!

John

P.S. do you want to at least add 'Mikey' to the spelling cow so when we hit quote, it actually works :?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
What I found that works better than magnets is a scratch pad.

We had a 4x7 lined scratch pad with our name and number at the top iwth a note at the bottom that read Please Recommend and our name. My custy's loved them. Looked for them every time I came back along with our free bottle of spotter.

scratchpad.jpg

Ed Hartman

The simple solution is to go to Staples, Compusa or any of those office stores. They sell the black magnets that fit your business card perfectly. Peel off the sticky on the magnet and stick your business card on the magnet. Done

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I leave one at every job and when I do small office jobs, we leave one at each cube or desk.

They work for me.

I think you have one of mine, right??

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I get the business card magnets like Ed. I see them alot on customers fridges. I'm also going to get into the leave behind spotter bottles with my name and number. That way they can't say " I don't know who I used last time."

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I sent you one Mike and we mail one to each customer before the cleaning along with a brochure, questionnaire and flier of whatever retail sale we have going on. They are small and light weight so they can ride on .39 postage with the other items. They are a full color rendition of one of our vans and since I buy them in obscene quantities they only cost about .05 each.

If interested in my supplier shoot me an e-mail and I'll hook you up.

Ken
PS Love he tool on your board Mike!

tcul

I pass them out instead of flyers.

Flyers get tossed unless they need your service soon.

Magnets get save and placed on the 2nd most popular spot in the prospects home (TV is #1). Every time they go to the fridge they see the magnet. Even if it doesn't "register" in their conscious minds, their "unconscious" takes it in (psych 101).

A year later, when they final need a cleaning, who dey gonna call ya'll?

TC

Biz card magnets

Many of my steady customers say it reminds them. For those who do not want the clutter, I get their o k to put it on their washing machine.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I have found them to be a good return on investment, as stated " they are always in the customers face"

I'm fortunate, my wife is partners in a sign making business. Nice thick magnet stock, 4 colour screen printing.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Agreed. One of your easiest, most cost efficient marketing investments. A few thoughts:

1. IMHO the stick-on magnets to your business cards is not the way to go. If you doubt me, do a test where you use one of your own cards on your frig for a couple of months. You'll find they quickly get dog-eared and sort of smeared and tacky looking. Better to go the custom imprinted route.

2. Spend a little extra to get a slightly bigger magnet and a stronger one. Nothing is more frustrating to your customer than to have their notes fall off because the magnet is just strong enough to keep itself on the frig!

3. Get some professional help to do your graphics. Don't try to get too complicated on such a small space. Ours just said, "Dirty Carpets?" and then had our logo and our phone number, nothing more. (Sorry, Mike, I would send one if I could. No doubt they are collector's items back in Durango, Colorado where I sold out 15 years ago.)

4. Maybe most importantly, make sure they get used. Especially if you have techs my guess is your magnets are just not getting distributed. (When was the last time you had to re-order?) We made up Job Folders for each job with all the literature, invoice, tech's business card AND a magnet in each one. That way the employee only had to remember one thing (the folder) instead of half a dozen. Pick your battles.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS Once you get the magnet into the house make sure it gets used. We instructed our people to show the client the magnet and ask permission to put it on the frig. Everyone agreed and this kept it from getting filed away in a drawer. Or if no one was home we always informed the client that the invoice and other paperwork would be waiting for them on their frig with one of our magnets. (One more reason for it to be a strong magnet.)

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Steve,

on that subject of staff handing them out, I have found that I go through 2-3 times as many as my tech. I used to give away the calendars, pens, coffee vouchers etc but found it too much for staff to remember. Same with business cards that we ask them to giveaway to their family and friends to help referrals.

I've now changed to sending those things out in a thank you note in the following week. That way I know that each has got a magnet, 3-6 business cards, pen, coffee voucher Rose Chocolate etc.

John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Carpet Pro said:
Mikey, I'll send you one of each of the old and new. Only problem I see, is they'll possibly want to hang upside down on your fridge!!!!

John

Sent a couple of days ago. Just make sure you hang them upside down so they won't feel uncomfortable :?

John

Mikey P

Administrator
I got a magnet from Al Sims today...

So cool...... by far and away the best idea yet...

mag.jpg

Holds anything down that has any business being on a fridge and really sticks out...

Thanks Al!!!

How much and where do I get them?

C

carlos reynaga

i just purchased 650 magnets for $135 From Minuteman press her in Elk Grove. I got the Idea from the oil change place that put a reminder for your next oil change with month and mileage on it.
Mine has my logo, phone #, next cleaning w/ month and year and a $25 off next cleaning so that it doesn't get tossed with all the other ones. so far my customers love them and think the are a great idea.
Carlos

Al

Stamp Works 1-800-758-2743

If I'm not mistaken they were 1.80 a piece? I'll double check later, I have to have some new ones made anyway.

You are right though those magnets have charisma or something lol.

People love them, I've had them for years and have never seen another like it.

They always make the fridge and sometimes customers bring them up when they call, "I still have that cool magnet", "can you bring another magnet'. my mother wants one of your magnets".

AL

A

anspach

magnets

when I leave a magnet I always ask if I may have the other companies magnet as a souvenir - I have about 50 magnets on the ceiling of my van of other cleaners magnets

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I got mine from a place that was called Magnet Man in Colorado. I think they changed the name to Magnets & More.

Ordered 1000 at a time. Total cost with shipping was $216. The first order had a fee of about $40 for artwork. That was a one time charge. Bisiness card size and shape. This was the thicker magnets that would hold something.

We also did magnetic erasable marker boards that were very popular. About $1 each in quantity. 8" x11" size.

I do like Al Sims magnet.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom