friendly competitor who sends work your way

-JB-

Name
JB
Here's the story, you have a friendly competitor who sends work your way when he can't get to it.
Mrs P. calls, says he sent her, an emergency spot in the LR. $100.
Very soon after she calls asks for several other areas to be cleaned $400

Now she says she like your service so much better, she won't call your friendly competitor back.

What to do, what to do.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I work with about 8 other cleaners in our town.we meet once a month and BS and give ideas or share things we have found out..blah,blah blah.....

when one of our cleaner friends calls and needs me to go do a job for them we always use a blank work order and we leave no marketing material

Now we have had a few of there clients like us better and call us back instead of them........All of us understand it is just the nature of doing business...you can be a damn good cleaner and walk into a clients home and they just may not get the warm and fuzzes with you .who knows.....

clean it and go on............

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Explain your story and let him know you didn't try to steal a customer but she choose you.

Buy him a dinner certificate and feel better about it.

8)

Tom Mock

JB,

I feel that that is the nature of the beast. Your friend should be well aware that the possibility of that could happen.

If I were your competitor, I wouldn't refer a better cleaner than I am to do my overflow. That way if the custy called back to complain, I could make it right and be a hero.

F

FB7777

Like the others said just tell your referral source.

Throw him something if you she calls again if you like.

It sounds to me like the guy has plenty of work and is not too concerned about turning some customers over to you anyways.

He wasn't going to do the work and would have possibly lost the customer anyways.

I've lost longtime customers because I couldn't get there the same day and they had to call someone else... business happens.

When you get out in front of these scenarios it shows you have integrity.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
quit stealin my clients Johnny B :!: :x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom