FRINGE - love it, hate it, don't care?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
3/4 woolite products now use some type of oxygen bleach! hehe! I can always tell when they have tried it on their wool carpet. big long gray streak.. similar to resolve or other oxygen bleaches. I hate it when they use it on thier rugsss,, damage them,, ask us to clean and expect miracles,, try to haggle over our decontamination pricing.. (we don't negotiate on rug cleaning pricing!)!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Lisa,

The origANAL..post was a joke... :lol:

I do consider these type of on-site practices..HaCkIsH...at best.. :!:

We normally WALK...on this type of contamanation...

Male Cat "SpRaYiNG"..is very hard to remove sucessfully...on-site.."Damn near Impossible"

75% of the time the SERVICE required...is more than "Replacing the rug"... :(

I am NOT a big cAt lOvEr...and my son is very allergic to cats...Just transporting... effects him.

Ps This was my son's former High School teacher otherwise...
NO attempt would have been made... :wink:

Pss Her cat...had a nErVoUS headache...She treated his condition with "AlKa-SeLtZeR"...

Pps "Thus the fOaMIng UrInE... :p

Ppps.... :mrgreen: ....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Welcome Lisa,

I just left your JP thread...

We are Equal oppertunity Abusers... :wink: "and NOT very good sPeLLERs" :oops:

EVERYONE...Has to sUrvIvE...the "RiGhT of PaSSAGe"...rule here... :shock:

You can EXPECT to be challanged...."With NO Mercy"... :!:

Just FIRE right BACK....They can sMeLL FEAR... Most are school yard bUlliEs... :roll:

I see that noONE has CURSED in your threads..YET.. :eek:

So I would like to get that "out-of the WAY"...bAwB VaWtEr...there...It doesn't get any worse.

carry on....

Oh ..Ya..! These pRiCkS...are very iNseNaTiVe to ME..."I am an EmOtIonAl person".. thathurts

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok Joe, your getting that point again,, remember breath in hold it and breath out slowly counting down from 10. Keep doing that till the blue turns to normal again!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
sweendogg said:
Ok Joe, your getting that point again,, remember breath in hold it and breath out slowly counting down from 10. Keep doing that till the blue turns to normal again!

Thanks...dogg.. :wink:

I will go to bed now... :D

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when I was cleaning rugs I mixed up Zep Prep, 1:2 water, sprayed it on with a trigger sprayer, brushed it with my grooming brush, then rinsed it off.

DuringAreaRugFringe2.jpg

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Hey Ron! I have that photo in my fringe archive - now I know it was from you - thanks!

What is Zep Prep? Active ingredients? Also - did you clean this in the home? If yes, did you put something under the fringe to protect the carpeting underneath?

Thanks!
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Zep Prep has butyl celusolve in it, I forget the other ingredients. Its a normal carpet prespray.
I was cleaning these in my master bedroom at the time, on the carpet. didn't worry about the carpet underneath. Its a rental.

My client always remembers this pic too.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Harpman~ while it was nice of you to offer the lower priced option, you could have let her know that for about the same price she could have had a new POS rug :-)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
Welcome Lisa,

I just left your JP thread...

We are Equal oppertunity Abusers... :wink: "and NOT very good sPeLLERs" :oops:

EVERYONE...Has to sUrvIvE...the "RiGhT of PaSSAGe"...rule here... :shock:

You can EXPECT to be challanged...."With NO Mercy"... :!:

Just FIRE right BACK....They can sMeLL FEAR... Most are school yard bUlliEs... :roll:

I see that noONE has CURSED in your threads..YET.. :eek:

So I would like to get that "out-of the WAY"...bAwB VaWtEr...there...It doesn't get any worse.

carry on....

Oh ..Ya..! These pRiCkS...are very iNseNaTiVe to ME..."I am an EmOtIonAl person".. thathurts

hArPeR....im right here ya know...
i can HEAR you!!!!!
whaaaaa HOOOOOO...Nashville is gonna be funs......!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Harpman~ while it was nice of you to offer the lower priced option, you could have let her know that for about the same price she could have had a new POS rug :-)

Merry Christmas...SnowMAN.. :!:

Believe ME..."We TrIeD"... :roll:
SeniMENTAL...values can be VeRy EXPENSIVE.... :wink:

It always amazes me...How women justify spending money.... :roll:

Her LOGIC was..Her husband would NOT question the total price of the cleaning... :?
But...He would have a "FIT"...If he saw a "NEW" rug on the floor... :!:
And he would "KILL" the cat if it PeeD....on the NEW rug.. :evil:

How LuCkY ..we are that mOST of our cleint's are WOMEN..."God Blees Them"... :D

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If even 1/4 of the women customers I have thought like that, I'd already being living down in Florida and my operation would be turn key while I sips cold ones on the beach while abusivly texting harper!

:mrgreen:

Champaign wishes??.. naa give me Coke A Cola Wishes and Buffet Dreams!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
sweendogg said:
If even 1/4 of the women customers I have thought like that, I'd already being living down in Florida and my operation would be turn key while I sips cold ones on the beach while abusivly texting harper!

:mrgreen:

Champaign wishes??.. naa give me Coke A Cola Wishes and Buffet Dreams!

"come on down....!!!!!!!!!!! The weather is FINE... :D

You KnOw dOGG...! There is GREAT oppertunities here in FL...NOW...!!!!

You should "ask Dear ole Dad"...if he wants to expand...It is a GREAT TIME to consider..
With YOUR skills & business FORMAT..."SWEENEY BROS---south"...would be very sucessful.
Flooring stores are dropping lik FLY's.. :( An operation like yours could THRIVE in these conditions.... :idea:

I have a HUGE cleint base ...I could STEAR your way..!!!! Store Frontage is CHEAP.."With
wearhouse storage availiable.."It just seems with your ESTABLISHED credit lines & experiance
it would be a "NO BRAINER"...Your company would have NO seasonal DOWNSIDES...summer in
the NORTH...&...Fall & Winter in the SOUTH...There is aLOT of High end Cleintal in FL.. :idea:

Maybe DAD will KICK you out of the NEST...... :p :mrgreen:

I would hook-you-up.........SERIOUSLY..... :!:

Ron K

Ken Snow said:

Ken I'd guess that if you didn't clean every POS rug that came into your plant you'd be out of business in about Month. !gotcha!

Lisa, Would you clean that POS rug in your plant or would you throw it out?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
You are right Ron, it is the price that wasn't worth it for the value of that rug. We would have cleaned it and a second one for half the price, so about $40 each. Now that is only about 15-20% of new not 80-100%

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
You are right Ron, it is the price that wasn't worth it for the value of that rug. We would have cleaned it and a second one for half the price, so about $40 each. Now that is only about 15-20% of new not 80-100%

:shock: :shock: :shock: That is just :( ..KEN....

What is you NET profit...$12.00.... :roll:

I wouldn't put that "sTinKinG" ...POS... in our truck for LESS than $100.00..... :!:

Why Sooooooo CheAP... :?:

VOLUME...can be a ElusIvE...DRUG... :wink:

To each his own...Merry Christmas.. :D

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Ron K - we would have explained to her that she could get it steam cleaned for less than our process by someone else (I always have a list of friendly competition handy) - and if she insisted, we would have charged $4 per sq ft and $35 for the urine odor removal soak.

Our price is the same because the time/labor for us is the same ... just because a rug is cheap to buy does not mean my guys have to work for less per hour. They have homes and families to support.

I always let the clients know - when their cleaning invoice happens to end up more than what they paid for the rug - that they are really fortunate that labor costs are sooooo low overseas that they can get a good rug for a very low price. But my team is legal, experienced, and paid a good wage - they aren't working for pennies a square foot like some across the pond are.

This seems to make sense to our clientele. When I tell them if they got a silk blouse at the Nordstrom Rack for a super low price, would they expect their dry cleaner to give them half off? It's the same argument, right?

But... our clientele tends to have higher quality rugs. We do still get about 10% synthetic, and another 10-15% tufted ... though being a referral-based business, they are generally seeking us out to solve a problem or to give them a great service experience, so they are not expecting cheap when they walk in. The marketing pretty much solves the problem.

Lisa

harryhides

Name
Tony
HARPER said:
I have a HUGE cleint base ...I could STEAR your way..!!!!

It's Steer Harpo...... um, no that's a cow.

Um no its STARE, I think

nah, maybe steer.

And just think, another hurricane or three and there's be miles of carpet to install but maybe not enough to pay for any insurance coverage on your store.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Hey Ron! I have that photo in my fringe archive - now I know it was from you - thanks!

What is Zep Prep? Active ingredients? Also - did you clean this in the home? If yes, did you put something under the fringe to protect the carpeting underneath?

Thanks!
Lisa

http://webfiles.acuitysp.com/MSDS/1286_1_EN1_USA.PDF

Harper: Sorry man, your upper case/lower case puts me off reading your posts.

Ooroo,

:roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WARNING......slight Hi-Jacking of thread ...here...

HaRRieT..

Lots of action here in central fl....banks are starting to..DUMP..their TOXIC forclosures... :!:

The carrying cost are KiLLinG them...People are buying @60cent on the dollar... :shock:
NO ...new construction ..as of yet.. :!: Lots of renovation of these homes...$$$$$$$

The KoREEiAnS....are buying whole Street's...in these Sub-divisions... :shock: for rentals...!

Lots of HARD SURFACE flooring is going DOWN.... :wink:

In some cases ....Investers will purchase the home @ 25% under the NEW appraised value...
and RENT back to the previous homeowner... :wink:

"CASH IS KING".....
I just STOLD a home for my son this weekend.... :D

Sorry.. :oops:
Back to your regularry scheduled programming.........................................................

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
harryhides said:
HARPER said:

It's Steer Harpo...... um, no that's a cow.

Um no its STARE, I think

nah, maybe steer.

And just think, another hurricane or three and there's be miles of carpet to install but maybe not enough to pay for any insurance coverage on your store.

harryhides said:
HARPER said:

Down under, we would say client.

Yews blokes are funny. :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Thanks Shorty for the MSDS - appreciate it. :)

The rest of you - thanks for the laughs, and the advice ... though Harper, as you can see in the other thread the profanity started up right after you said no cuss words yet.

You guys weren't kidding - pretty explosive.

Meds may be needed here... but they might make it more fun!

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom