Fuel pump for Hydramaster

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Just had the tm shut off while greasing blower. Fuel pump did not work. Hydramaster went over a few things to disable some sensors and thing still did not start. It had 1/2 a tank of gas.

I filled up tank and tm starts up. Is this a symptom of just a plugged fuel filter or should I have a fuel pump ready?. He says it's a 2.5 psi fuel pump, is this something I can get at local auto store?.

Also, Hydramaster says fuel pump should be installed vertically, it is mounted diagonally, anyone have problems with this.

thanks,
Albert

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
This sounds to me like you may have had a filler neck kit that wiggled the intake line a bit. Possibly from some vibrations that have allowed the draw tube to not be into the tank far enough. Just my opinion.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Yah, just a guess. But, in my experience, the electric fuel pumps just quit working all together, not "barely" work like you described. What you described to me has happened on a TM once. We just loosened the filler neck kit and turned it till I heard a clink in the tank (sound of the line hitting bottom) and then I lifted it off the bottom just a hair by rotating it back. Try that. If not, the fuel pumps can be bought at Napa or similar location.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom