Funky Restaurant Carpet

Farenheit251

Chain restaurant w/ commercial glue down. Had a flooded area 6 months ago and now they can't find a cleaner who doesn;t leave the restaurant stinking for 24 hours. I clean another location and was asked if I could do better.
My thoughts, microban, pretreat and dwell 20 minutes. High flow clean w/ extra dry pass and speed dry. But, I'm also thinking that it is the humidity activating the odor and steam cleaning is going to reactivate it even if its dry when I leave. Don't have any desire to vlm a restaurant monthly.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Apply it after you clean and have a blower force drying it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree that humidity is responsible for the odor. Thorough flushing will help remove food source for micro-organisms causing the odor. A quality disinfectant and/or deodorizer applied after cleaning will help. So will speed drying. But there is on more step to take.

Not only do you need to get the carpet dry but you need to reduce the humidity in the air!. In some situations, this might be done by operating the A/C throughout the job and a few hours afterward. You may need to vent moist air to the outside or use a dehumidifier.

Scott Warrington

TimP

No matter what it's gonna stink when you get it wet, the reason being that there is mold in the carpet. The trick is to get it dry ASAP, Microban will help with the odor of course but it wont fix the problem. Best thing for you to do is educate the customer and lower expectations then get it dry asap. CGD should only be wet maybe 4 hours max after you're done. Do some extra dry strokes, run some fans just get it dry and the mold will stop off gassing.

R

R W

I'm doing a stinky Chinese restaurant tomorrow morning.....I hate all the damn rice along the walls and in the corners....or are they maggots????

This job doesn't warrant a pre-vac....just a hose cuffin'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom