Furniture Stains on Carpet

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
So what do you do when you have a customer who has furniture dye transfer stains, rust stains, and bleach spots on the carpet under where they keep their aquarium? You dye a small area rug into the carpet. That's what you do!

This was the customer's choice. It was actually their idea, so we did it. They put the aquarium back on it afterwards. They loved it!

#neveradullmoment
#problemsolved

Attachments

• IMG_6769.JPG
    IMG_6769.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_6770.JPG
    IMG_6770.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 452

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's weird bro. Is there not a closet you could sacrifice on that spot? And would it not still stick out like a sore thumb, even though it looks like a real rug?

Don't take offense please, I didn't mean it in an insulting way. I've just never thought of that route to take

Reactions: Chris Howell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Installing a small section of tile would have looked much better and made much more sense with all the moisture in and around the tank.

No know on your abilty but that's just fugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
I know right? He must not have seen those big ass checks you get! :stir:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a shame how some people can only look for something negative to say. Pure jealousy.
"Jealousy" lol
Of a guy that can't manage his business well enough he has clients waiting 3-4 months for service? So instead he decides to revive a dead service to an unreceptive market, giging them for $2,000.00 a seat.
Jealous? Hell yes I am!

I wish I could find enough suckers to fill classes at 2k a seat too! :biggrin:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Seriously that aquarium picture. Lose it in you class presentation. Tacky trailer trash look. They had better options and should have taken them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jimmy L

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
"Jealousy" lol
Of a guy that can't manage his business well enough he has clients waiting 3-4 months for service? So instead he decides to revive a dead service to an unreceptive market, giging them for $2,000.00 a seat.
Jealous? Hell yes I am!

I wish I could find enough suckers to fill classes at 2k a seat too!
:lol:

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess that Chris's stay on MB is gonna be on the shorter side.

Just not a good mix. He would do better pitching to a more gullible crowd.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Here's another one that we did. White carpet with dirty traffic lanes. Customer asked if we could dye a runner up the center of the stairs. Sure! Why not?
Wear on the noses is still quite noticeable. How much more (or less), would replacement have cost?

I commend Chris for composure under fire, but these are reasonable concerns that need to be addressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Howell
Back
Top Bottom