Gas heat...

G

Who run gas heat...like a Little Giant or a Duane heater?

How much gas does one use...like how many hours out of a 10 or 20 gallon belly tank at 200-240 cleaning temps?

Who is a good Company that STANDS behind what they sell?

Chad

The Preacher

buy my rig and find out!!!

there's no way to really tell as its to variable. i do know that propane is getting more expensive by the day. if i could go back I'd buy a HE and just agitate more to over come less heat!!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I bet our HX puts out more consistent reliable heat than your propane unit. I say that with experience with both. I never worry about heat, or alternate fuels.

RichardnTn

Lee, I demo'ed some high dollar HX machines and they were pitiful in the heat department...that was a few year's back and I'm sure there have been improvements since then...I usually run an 06 total at 400-500 PSI and wouldn't consider a machine unless it could realistically sustain 230-240 ATM at 2 GPM. The machines I saw were running around 200-210 with 2 X 02 jets..

Best to you and the welcome mat is out if your ever in my "neck of the woods." Richard R

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what you looking for chad??

time...i dunno how long mine lasts..i guess it depends on if i have both switches on (1 is for 180k 2nd is for 360k btu) guess i should pay a little more attention

so far i love my silver eagle one..and they were good to send me out some extra nuts, due to one backed off during shipment (that caused a problem not related to mfg)

and as far as the heat and lee goes...i would dare put this bad boy up...granted i have the x from an avenger 210...so i wouldnt say monster heat, but it does help maintain, and get a little hotter each key

Greenie

Hybrids will always rule.

You can only get so many btus from a gallon of fuel, HXers are naturally limited unless you are running a monster engine (100+HP) but they burn more fuel too.

The beauty of a Hybrid is your post heater doesn't kick in until the demand is there, that could be only 10 seconds of every minute. And when you really need some kick it gives it to you all day long.

G

greenie that is true and not true. There are ways to get a ton of heat from HX . Meet me tucson next weeek I will show you.

Name
Jesse
I have a LG 3ht with dual exchangers before it. I have consistent inlet temps of 180-195. Our temp is set at about 275. The van works every day and propane runs us about $80 per month. Worth it to me.

KBRENNY

cleaning on a 38 degree night with the water reaching 150 to 160 coming out of my heat exchanger and my little giant water heater set at 235. at #8 flow and 500 psi I used about 70 cents per hour of cleaning time. I only checked it last winter, I will check it again this summer when we get into the 90's and let you know but I am willing to bet about 30 cents per hour of clean time

KBRENNY

That is at $2 a gallon, and I had a 6 gallon tank then, I now have a 10 gallon tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom