Gasoline Octane

lesterj2

Being that gas is so overpriced these days.
Which do you run through your van/machine...

"87" - "89" - "93"

Im running 89... And yes my machine runs off the gas in the van...

Able 1

Name
Keith
87 the only difference will be the money in your pocket JMO

Keith

TimP

I always buy 87.....I've never seen any reason to buy more expensive gas.

Mike Draper

We have 85 here in Utah because of the higher altitude. The only reason you would need to run a higher octane is if your engine pings when your on the throttle, or you run a very high compression sports engine.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
mike is right, keep in mind many vehicles will see no benefit to running the high octane stuff, in order to see a benefit to higher octane the spark timing of the engine must be advanced, many engines base timing does not take advantage of this and thus will produce no more power even if you where running 104 octane race gas. listen to the motor if it pings run the higher octane stuff or if possible adjust the timing which can only normally be done on older engines.

Chads

Supportive Member
Yup and a little tip to yall guys that like to run a little higher octane fuel most stations do not have a mid grade fuel it cost too much to have a seprate shipment so most stations run super unleaded in the mid grade fuel pumps nothing illegal for them to do it either as long as the octane is at least as high as they say it is. but it is illegal for them to sell you midgrade as super unleaded. so when they get a shipment its usually either regular unleaded or super unleaded so you guys can save some money before heading off to the races.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I notice my lincoln gets a good 3-4 MPG better on 91 octane instead of 85...

The Dodge vans we had at "Elite" cleaning co. always got much better gas mileage on the highway with a higher octane.

It depends on the station you buy your gas from. If I buy gas at the little mom and pop station* on the outskirts of town where I live I get better mileage than when I buy it at the Holiday station.

*They listen to the farmers, they won't sell ethenal gas in any of their fuel grades, and try to get high quality gas because the old duffers complain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom