Genesis Users....Older Models With Hayes Unit

R

R W

Any body have any trouble with the Hayes unit mounted on the back of the engine?? It's a shock absorbing power transfer unit that drives the blower and pump. Is it rebuildable?? Just contiplating my next problem with the genesis, and I have heard that that unit can go bad.

minuteman

I have that on my unit, yes it can go bad if you do not grease it and mine was when I got my Geenie 56. It cost around $600.00 to replace when they are on sale $1800.00 if not.

The brass bushing that rides on the out put shaft of the engine is what wares out, it used to be replaceable. The new one is a complete set up, ie;... you can not replace the small brass bushing that rides on the out put shaft of the engine, it is molded to the large outer plate with the 10 or so balancing weights in it -- kind of like a torque converter in a transmission or better yet, a clutch set up in a old car like a 69 Nova with a 4 speed.

Its strange that a $4.00 piece is now $1800.00 just 'cause an engineer is a jerk!

Greg

R

R W

Thanks, Greg.....I was told that it is rebuildable if you catch it in time. I'll have to call Bill Calvert and see what his opinion is.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom