genesis water pressure is weak

brocksdad

My genesis' water pressure suck. I have replaced the pressure regulator from power clean that doesn't have the check valve I double checked it. I replaced the qd's on the front pannel. No matter what pressure I dial it up to it drop at the end of the hose to about the same pressure. Whether it is set at 500 or 2000 psi it doesn't matter it drops down to the same pressure at the end of the hose. The gauge doesn't drop at all what ever I set it at it stays at the pressure set at the gauge.

Any ideas??? I haven't seen any screens or anything any were obviouse that could be clogged up. I have been dealing with this since I bought it last month.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Quite possibly an inline filter on your wand and or sprayer.

Have you tried different tools? Wand, Hydroforce, stair tool etc and see if there's any difference?

I had a similar situation on my Genesis and I got it worked out back to a certian job out of town that I went to on a regular basis and I always had to clean all filters after that job.

Hope it's as simple as that for you.

John

brocksdad

I have tried a few tool the most noticable is my brand new power washer gun. but it is the same with both my wands both my stair tools and the power wash gun

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Have you tried swapping out different sections of the solution hose in case you have a dodgy section?

Can you connect a tool direct in through a short hose and see if it makes a difference?

John

brocksdad

Ok today after my last job I put just a qd and a shut off valve into one of the ports on the front of the machine. It shot out with great force for a split second than started just peetering out for lack of a better term after that?

TimP

If it is loosing pressure right at the quick connect on the machine. You at least have it narrowed down to the machine. You need to check your machine plumbing and also your pump, could be your pressure valve. The pump may need service...new seals if I had to make a guess as a possibility. Although when you open up a valve right at the machine it should spray hard and slow down as pressure should decrease due to no restriction....but a bunch of water should still be flowing just with not as much force.

You may need to find someone local to deal with the problem. I wish I could be more help but I'm not an expert when it comes to fixing pumps and plumbing on the TM. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will step up to help.

Greenie

brocksdad said:
....Whether it is set at 500 or 2000 psi it doesn't matter it drops down to the same pressure at the end of the hose. The gauge doesn't drop at all what ever I set it at it stays at the pressure set at the gauge.

Assuming the regulator is not acting like an unloader, and you don't have an incoming water flow restriction (insufficient flow) to pump, then there must be a Bypass problem, it's the only thing I can think of that would explain why when you turn your pressure up your flow/pressure doesn't increase at the wand, it's just a pump, it doesn't know any better than to pump water.

Are you sure you aren't starving that pump in some way?

Does it do this with the Chem system turned off as well as on?

brocksdad

Yeah I don't use a chemical rinse of any kind unless the job is realy dirty. So 90% no chemical rinse.

When I clean out the inline filter at the wand their is white "Stuff" in it. Is that a sign it needs to be descaled?

I have only had this machine a little over two months. It has a little over 4000 hours.
I use a 3/8 garden hoseto supply my machine but the mix tank always seems to stay full.

TimP

sounds like a good descaling wouldn't hurt. the chem pump may be a problem with a previous owner....tons of emulsifier stuck in the machine??? and possibly run with too much pressure.... I'd open it up and flush the hell out of the lines till you get rid of the powder. would also think of running vinegar to the chem system with the lines open and with it on prime.....

brocksdad

IT'S FIXED!!! The real good descaling fixed my wagon. I followed the directions on the Pro Chem descaler exactly, then ran the water through it for another 10 minutes after I got all the bubles and such out. Tomorow should be fun do see what this high flow thing is realy all about. I bought the larger jets, and drip stops about a month ago and never have got to see what it is all about.

brocksdad

I sprayed the first 4 or so gallons in a bucket so I will check it out in the morning and find out just how much crap came out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom