Getting reacquainted with Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice to have Scott back here.

-When and how did you get into this industry?

-How did you go from a Cleaner to instructor to employee of BP?

-What are your daily duties at BP?

-What are the top five tech help calls BP received last year? What about five years ago, same?

-What are BP's top 3 best selling items?

-Do you have family in the industry? If not would you let them get into it?

-Did you miss us?

-If Toburen had not found that sucker to buy (and ruin) his business would he be answering technical calls at Jon Don?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Its a standard hazing ritual.

Nothing as intense as the original "Hot Seat". I remain proud of being the first victim.....err....guest.

I am grateful that Mikey and most of the usual suspects didn't know me as well then as they do now, or it would have been more brutal, I'm sure.

LeeCory

Another question or two:

Are you back simply to promote the new program Bridgepoint is pushing? "since the last one went so well"

You don't have very good luck in picking stocks do you?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Welcome back Scott.
Probably one of the most knowledgeable, well informed people on the board.
One that will tell you things as they are without just pushing his products.
Great to have you back.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yeah Scott, welcome back.

I have always enjoyed your style of writing and the help you have given many over the few short years I have been reading your words.

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: I don't envy your position. :lol:

John Watson

I have personaly known him for over 15 years.. I will take Scotty's advice over anyone elses, He is the truest of friends and wish there were more like him and Jenny. I have bought equip , supplies and seeked his advice from him before he was at BP. I still think the Hank brothers got a heck of a deal when they hired him at less than 1/2 of what he is worth to them and their company.

Name
John LaBarbera
John Watson said:
I have personaly known him for over 15 years.. I will take Scotty's advice over anyone elses, He is the truest of friends and wish there were more like him and Jenny. I have bought equip , supplies and seeked his advice from him before he was at BP. I still think the Hank brothers got a heck of a deal when they hired him at less than 1/2 of what he is worth to them and their company.

I totally agree with that. They don't come better than Scott.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:

If Toburen had not found that sucker to buy (and ruin) his business would he be answering technical calls at Jon Don?
I'll take this one if you don't mind, Mikey. I'll give you a resounding "NO" on the "answering technical calls" question. Even though I was one of the first CR's in the country I cheerfully admit that my forte is not technical stuff. (Big Billy Yeadon, on the other hand, has forgotten more than I ever have known.)

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I'll second the positive comments above about Scotty. I sincerely feel Scott is a generous and humble man who by events beyond his control has been placed in an impossible position. I personally would not put up with it but then I am not a particularly "humble man". :)

Mikey P

Administrator
I know Steve.
and I knew you and Scott would appreciate the humor in that statment.

I hope the haters here have not ran Scott off again.

It's not like there is a single one of us that have not had to lie or bend the truth in order to keep our job/business going.

Hell every one of my Admins here have lied to me and I still keep them around.. :shock:

Scott is a MB Crack Head through and through and it pains me knowing he is having to kiss the Allen's ass to keep his fix in check.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mikey P said:
I hope the haters here have not ran Scott off again.

No ones technical knowledge is as good as Scott's. I hope he comes back. Most of the ones who drove him off never even had a horse in the race. Pretty pathetic.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I can't say enough nice things about Scott. Who hasn't been caught between a rock and a hard place?

Hope you hang around, Scott.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikey P said:

-When and how did you get into this industry?
My father had a window cleaning business. I would work summer and school vacations days in the window cleaning business since late 1967 or maybe 1968. Some of the window clinets would als for other services. This could be anything from cleaning tile, vinyl or carpet to helping clean out the garage. I tool that on a side jobs since my dad's company only did windows.

Around 1976, I needed more work and got into carpet cleaning as a full-time occupation.

-How did you go from a Cleaner to instructor to employee of BP?
After many years in the business and meeting many cleaners through industry events, I found I was spending an hour or two every day answering questions from cleaners around the country. All this for free. Rather like the way people ask questions on the forum now. I decided to become an instructor and get paid for some of the training I was doing. I really enjoyed the personal interaction between other cleaners and myself. Doyle Bloss at Steamway and later Bridgepoint got to know me through my teaching and industry events. He put my name into consideration at Bridgepoint when he came over.

Bridgepoint offered me job which I turned down. I did not want to move to Utah. However, through our religious affiliation (Jehovah's Witness) I was also being asked to move to Utah and my wife was asked to help teach American Sign language nearby. So we reexamined the job offer. Everything fell into palce and we made the move.

I found it was much easier to get on the phone or on-line and tell someone how to clean than it was to actually push the wand or crawl around in a crawl space half filled with sewage. So it turned out to be a good mvoe.

-What are your daily duties at BP?
My main role is to answer questions from our distributors and their customers and anyone else who asks about cleaning problems that we have solutions for. These come in by telephone, on-line forums, emails and so forth. Secondly, I do a lot of internal training. Helping our sales staff, store employees, customer service people learn something from my years of experience in cleaning. I also am a contact for many industry organizations. So, I work with IICRC, Connections and other trade associations. Wite some articles for Cleanfax and other industry organizations.

-What are the top five tech help calls BP received last year? What about five years ago, same?
I have been with Bridgepoint for a little less than 5 years. So i am not totally sure what the top 5 questions are from 5 years ago. I have seen a shift from mostly carpet and upholstery cleaning questions to include more about wood, stone and other surfaces. Also more about marketing and running a business.

I have not actually counted every call, but among the top topics the last 6 months have been
Polsihing stone, stripping various coatings from stone and tile and cleaning micro-fiber upholstery. Removing ink and animal urine continue to be hot topics.

-What are BP's top 3 best selling items?
I do not work in sales. So, I don't look at actual figures. But I am pretty sure that Citrus Solv and Flex prespray are two of the biggest sellers. Viper Venom for tile floors is also an industry leading product. A few products that I assisted in developing are also doing well, PetZone and StainZONE.

-Do you have family in the industry? If not would you let them get into it?
My son decided he wanted out of the indsutry or he might still be running my company back in Tennessee. He sold computers for Dell for a while. Eventually he got back into the busiiness he grew up in. He now is a mangaer dealing with stone cleaning and carpet cleaning for a company that serves high-end clinets in the NAshville Tennessee area.

-Did you miss us?
I got shaky and jittery and could not concentrate for weeks after leaving MB. Withdrawal is painful. I hope I don't have to experience it again.

-If Toburen had not found that sucker to buy (and ruin) his business would he be answering technical calls at Jon Don?
Steve's specialty is more in marketing and management. I am not sure he could keep a job answering technical questions. But I do think we make a good team. Too bad we don't wear the same uniform. Although we enjoy sniping at each other on the boards, Steve and I are good friends.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you tell Tre to KM(ikeys)A I'll give you Marty's Global Moderator position here :shock:

Thanks Scott!!

glad you found your way back

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
scottw said:
Steve's specialty is more in marketing and management. I am not sure he WOULD WANT a job answering technical questions. But I do think we make a good team. Too bad we don't wear the same uniform. Although we enjoy sniping at each other on the boards, Steve and I are good friends.
(My editorial changes in CAPS!)

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Scott, I couldn't agree more on your statement, "Too bad we don't wear the same uniform." So which one of us is going to quit their employer and come over to the "other side"? (Trouble is, after going on 14 years I think I look kind of good in a Jon-Don blue uniform dancing down the aisle at SFS!)

Maybe we should ask Mike to put up a poll on this world-shaking question: "Who should quit and go to work for the other side- Toburen or Warrington? :) (Just as long as he doesn't include a third option: "I could care less.")

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
LeeCory said:
Another question or two:

Are you back simply to promote the new program Bridgepoint is pushing? "since the last one went so well"

You don't have very good luck in picking stocks do you?

I am here to help answer technical questions, especially if it helps sell product. Another goal is to help improve relationships between Bridgepoint / Interlink supply and our customers or potential customers. I don't think my bosses would pay me to spend time on the boards if there was no expectation that this customer service would eventually translate into sales.

Answering technical questions helps makes cleaners more sucessful. If the cleaners who are customers are more sucessful, they will buy more juice.

Probably this is the same reason you give your customers great service. You know that it will come back to you sooner or later.

When the atmosrphere is so toxic that every post I make brings out mostly vitriol, there simply is no reason for me to take the abuse or for Bridgepoint to pay me to spend time hanging out on Mikey's Board.

If someone wants to ask questions with a goal of learning something about Home Pro by Design, I will be glad to share what I know. However, if the questions get outside of product formulations and uses, that is not my forte. John, Jeremy or someone else who actually works for Home Pro by Design would be better qualified to answer other types of questions.

I don't pick my stocks. The 401(K) goes to a mutal fund. I let the experts do what they are supposed to be good at.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
good to have you back, Scott

I hope your boss gave you a BIG raise for "falling on the sword" over BP Direct

..L.T.A.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Spartacus said:
I like it when you take shots at Steve! :shock:
:lol:

Somebody has to watch dog that guy besides Sioux! :wink:

And your dry sense of humor is way more interesting and subtle than Steve's.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bear with me for a moment while I address Mikey for a minute. I don't recall ever lying to you intentionally. In fact, I have tried to be honest with you from the moment I first started dislilking you ... way back on the blue board. If I have lied to you, it probably was in an effort to spare your super egotistical feelings in some way.

I wasn't lying when I said you looked like Herman Munster.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
harryhides said:
Spartacus said:
I like it when you take shots at Steve! :shock:
:lol:

Somebody has to watch dog that guy besides Sioux! :wink:

And your dry sense of humor is way more interesting and subtle than Steve's.
Thanks, Tony. You are my very favorite Industry Curmudgeon with the King of Snarkiness who resides in Alabamer running a close second. I can't match either one of you guys for your "dry sense of humor" but Scott is too nice of a guy to succesfully spar for long with me. Sutley is another matter.

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS to Scott: You still haven't answered my PS above. Go ahead, use that "dry sense of humor" and take your best shot!

"Scott, I couldn't agree more on your statement, "Too bad we don't wear the same uniform." So which one of us is going to quit their employer and come over to the "other side"? (Trouble is, after going on 14 years I think I look kind of good in a Jon-Don blue uniform dancing down the aisle at SFS!)

Scott, I'm waiting for your "interesting and subtle" reply!

Note to Mikey: Where is that poll on whether Warrington or Toburen should quit their current employer and cross over to work with the other side?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Steve, should I decide on free agency, you will be among the first to know. Right now I'm still looking at going into arbitration next month.

I do think you would look good in teal, especially if you get a chance to work on restoring your tan.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
scottw said:
Steve, should I decide on free agency, you will be among the first to know. Right now I'm still looking at going into arbitration next month.
Have you told Doyle yet about the hearing?

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Be sure to quote what Larry Capitoni had to say in his post above when you are before the salary arbitrator, Scott: "I hope your boss gave you a BIG raise for "falling on the sword" over BP Direct." BTW, Scott, I agree with Larry!

Back
Top Bottom