Getting to know Devil Dog Todd.

Mikey P

Administrator
-What year did you first go on the boards and what are the five most valuable lessons learned from them?

-Describe your/the perfect carpet cleaning company.

-What happened to your old company/clients/truck?

-What really happened in the Philippines?

-Jon Don wants to give you a free truckmount and truck of your choice.... What'll it be?

-Who was more responsibly for driving you off the Blue Board, Larry or me?

-What is your daughter up to?

-Did you really have a friend in Scruz who shopped me? :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
-

please tread lightly here, cause I WILL delete anything remotely negative towards his Daughter.
I bust Pound Puppy's chops plenty, but i know he loves and is proud of his daughter and wants to be the best father he knows how to be.

it's one of the few redeeming qualities Marine PFC Rant N. Screech has....

I'll bet a nickel Commander CuEbAll doesn't even respond to this thread

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you talking to me or him there meAt?

I have actually talked to his kid.

She found me charming..... :)

This "interview " is in no way meant to belittle the little guy, curious minds just want to know what the legend has been up to.
Personally I love Todd. I wish he would come through with his promise of doing a ride along *** with me soon. I hate to see the position he is currently in and would love to help him out.

With out guys like guys like Todd, Cooper (the real James, not that pussy who posts on rob's soap box), Kevin Price and Chris Connor around this board would just be another boring Garments Cleaners Union flop.

F

FB7777

yeah, I want to hear the rest of the story as well

just for an entirely different reason than Mikey...

entertainment purposes :twisted:

Jimbo

I'd like to know if he picked 'Mine that Bird' in the Derby...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Where the hell is he?
BingBing.jpg
:shock:

DevilDog

Mikey P said:
-What year did you first go on the boards and what are the five most valuable lessons learned from them?

-Describe your/the perfect carpet cleaning company.

-What happened to your old company/clients/truck?

-What really happened in the Philippines?

-Jon Don wants to give you a free truckmount and truck of your choice.... What'll it be?

-Who was more responsibly for driving you off the Blue Board, Larry or me?

-Did you really have a friend in Scruz who shopped me? :lol:

Ok, I did not even see this until Rich told me. As usual I will answer the questions honestly. But after that....go f&^k yourselves.

For your information I have met George...a very energetic guy. Not exactly my cup of tea...but I wish I had his energy.

No, I did not have Mine That Bird...I had him third. I missed a 551,000 superfecta because I was too damn cheap to spend about $64 more dollars. My picks on the Kentucky Derby are at my site....http://denver-bronco-news.com
I actually almost vomited when I realized being a cheap skate cost me so much money.

The perfect carpet cleaning company to me would be one that does the very best job they can do EVERY time and treats the clients like queens and kings. It would be a company that mostly does residential with a few very nice commercial accounts thrown in.

My old company I guess is doing ok. The equipment as far as I know is running ok, especially the truckmount (Genesis 59). My old clients use him and those that know I am back use me. If I had the old name and number back I would be doing really well....but I don't so that is the battle.

What really happened in the filipines? Exactly what I have told everyone. I went to the filipines in October of 2008 to live for four to six months. We had a chicken selling business that was doing great and a little restaurant. We were developing an internet cafe and also sold rice and a few other things.

The day after Halloween we met with the lady that I was going to buy the house from and she completely changed all the agreed upon numbers. Her husband had a stroke and she now needed a LOT more money to take care of him. That single event, the lady changing the agreed upon numbers, was devastating to what we wanted to do in Sindangan, Mindanao. The house was not only for us to live in but the downstairs area was the business. We had the perfect location to be really successful...it is NOT easy to find good locations in Sindangan.

My fiance and I left the meeting that day absolutely sick...we knew that was the end of our restaurant and business in Sindangan. A huge problem.

Everything is great with my fiance, she is now in Manila (where I wanted to be from the beginning) and doing well. We will be getting her K1 Visa but it takes some time. Every day I wish I was in the filipines but I had only planned to take four to six months off to begin with. The plan was to always come back and start another business....more tilted towards tile and grout though. I really hate cleaning carpets.

The visa requirements are a little tougher and YOU MUST have an American income to get your fiance the K1 Visa. So no matter what I was making or doing over there it was not going to be good enough to get Jade here. The American government does not consider chicken selling, internet cafe, or any income specific to there as income here....which is 100% understandable.

My five trips to the filipines last year, and early this year, have EASILY been the greatest experience of my life. Nothing comes close...and I have done some cool things in my life. I highly encourage people to travel to far off places and have an adventure....I will NEVER forget my experiences there.

So that is the story. If I could be there right now AND be able to get Jade here....I would not be in America right now. I have internet businesses that are making me some money...but not enough yet for me to be able to get out of cleaning. Once that happens....I will most likely not clean again...but I could keep my business.

If I could get a free truck mount of my choice I would get the most expensive truckmount they have along with the most expensive van....and then find some f'ing moron to sell it to. There are a lot of guys out here buying big bad ass truckmounts and they will NEVER use the full power of them or need the full power of them. It is plain sad and pathetic. Listen you idiots....if you are NOT going to dual wand then why do you need a machine that will do that? Save some money and use your head instead of trying to impress people with STUPID purchases. Been there, done that.

As far as a truckmount goes I would choose a Genesis 59 and a Ford 350 Super Duty....and then I would turn around and sell it. Remember, you said it was free. I guess a Whoretex would be fine also. I would then take that money and buy a smaller machine and use that. I love Ford vans but a Chevy would be nice also. With all the extra money I would save I would high tail it to the filipines to be with the love of my life for a month or so.

No one drove me off the blue board....especially not Larry C., the day that guy says a thing that actually is worth while paying attention to will be the day I play center for the Lakers. Just isn't going to happen. I just go through periods where the boards are fun and I like to post... and periods where the boards are a bore.

My daughter is doing GREAT! She is almost 20 (in two days) and living in California. She is in the dental field, bought a condo, and has a f'n boyfriend. She is a GREAT kid....the result of TWO great parents and a lot of great family.

No I do not have a friend that shopped Mikey P....I have a relative that did! Nice try though.

So that is it. I am going to have a prostate exam and if you would like the details and the video of that....just let me know. I took a crap about three hours ago and it felt really good. I just ate a Whopper so another dumping might be in order. I am presently watching The Big Bang Theory so I have to go.

DevilDog

Speaking of kidney stones....has any of you had them? I have had them three times. God, very painful.

I might make it in a couple of weeks, although I am starting to get a bit busy. Might be headed to Arkansas to see Jade's dad. Might stop in.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I like Todd.
He is a straight shooter.
He does not tow the line, tells you what he thinks and does his own thinking.

Which is more then can be said about a lot of CCC (carpet cleaning conformists.)

I hope things work well for you Todd.
And I give you extra points for taking the chance as well as trying to do what you really want to do.

Good luck.
Ofer

DevilDog

Hey, thanks for the kind words.

I know I can come off a complete smart ass but I am actually a pretty good guy. The kiss ass and bullshit mentality of the cleaning industry drives me crazy.

If someone ask a question I will tell them what I think.

Listen guys and girls...life is short...if there is something you haven't done yet that you really want to do....THEN DO IT!! Tomorrow or the next minute is not guaranteed!!

I remember last January 2008...I flew into Tokyo and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was actually in a place that I had always read about, saw on TV, and saw in the movies...and now I was in that far away place. Experiences like that are really cool.

And traveling to places like the Philippines has made me a better person. To see what the average American has compared to the average filipino is pretty startling. It makes me ashamed to think of how whiny I can be sometimes. But it doesn't matter what you want to do...if you have not done it yet...do it!

There is a LOT more to life than being tied to your phone hoping it rings so you can go out and clean some carpet.

I really like the money I make when I am cleaning....but I do NOT like the cleaning! It is a HUGE problem for me and one that I have struggled with for a long long time. When I am focused getting jobs and making a lot of money is so easy...the problem is that cleaning has become a monumental bore to me....but right now it is the best thing I can do to make a decent amount of money. Starting a new business almost from scratch has been a little more difficult than I thought it would be though.

The bottom line is that I see a LOT of cleaners totally lying to themselves about their cleaning business. I can almost guarantee that if you asked EVERY cleaner in the world if they could make the same amount of money doing something they really liked they would NOT be cleaning carpets. In fact most of you would probably take a decent pay cut if you could make the same money doing something that you had a real passion for.

Last year was a SENSATIONAL year for me...I am paying for it now....but those experiences and the ongoing experiences I have because of the filipines will be something I never forget. So take some chances...have some REAL fun and adventure...you will NEVER regret it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey I like you too asshole.

Even though you've wanted to kill me in that past, I'm betting if you ever grow a set of nads and show up at a fest you'd love me too.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Danny Strickland said:
sounds kinda queer to want a guy to love you too???

MArdy on Dannys computer

He accused me of wanting to rape him a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom