Getting to know Greg Cole.

Mikey P

Administrator
-How long have you owned your business?

-How much time have you spent behind a wand?

-How much training does a raw rookie get before he is on his own with your company?

-How many of your techs are IICRC certified? and in what besides CCT?

-Be honest, do you pay attention to your competition? if so who are the top 3 that you worry about?

-When did you find the board and how have they helped your biz?

-Who cleans your and /or your wife's mothers carpet?

-I"m sure you've done the math, how much longer does it take to clean a average ldh 3br home with a Portable compared to a well formulated Truckmount?

-How much could you sell your company for right now?

-If you had to spend the next 5 years on a desert island with just one person , who would it be?

-What is the number one reason for a redo at your company?

-How many girls (and obese men) do you have answering the phones?

-What is your most effective form of marketing?

-Do your tech supply their own vehicles?

-How many techs will you train and fire in the average year?

-How has the recession effected your company?

-On that desert island you can take a solar pwoered TV and dvd player with you along with 3 movies and 3 CDs, what are they?

Thanks!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Good stuff Greg.

If we have to keep Snow around here there's no reason we can't welcome you with open arms.

Just don't grab my ass.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I resemble that Mikey!

Thanks for responding Greg. Us high volume, reasonably priced cleaners need to be heard and learned from, not vilified.

Ken

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Wow, Greg. Good job turning this group around. I'm impressed. They can be a tough crowd.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Heck, as I recall even the now-revered Ken Snow suffered through a bit of a witch hunt when he first came here! People forget that there are many routes to success in this business. That is what makes it so great. (Tell Melanie hi!)

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Greg as someone who puts a high value on image and customer service don't you have a disconnect with someone arriving at a house with an unmarked car, pickup suv etc?

I can see where you mentioned on another thread that presenting the customer with the 8 page brochure with business card on arrival would help ease this matter.

"How much does an average tech make with you? $70k-$125k per year"

Is that before fuel, auto and supply expenses?

BTW for the 1st 13 years I was in this business I worked only portables and agree that with the right technican a great job can be attained but it's slower.

Terry

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Terry,
you are right, the occasional suv doesn't give the image that I hope for but it is a temporary trade off. Only modern, visibly acceptable vehicles are permitted. One guy drives a Mercedes suv! The techs are encouraged to get vans and they are paid advertising fees if they let us letter up their vans. On the flip side, we have given alot of people the opportunity to feed their families during this recession.

The brouchures, ID cards, logos shirts, jackets, etc help tombats the negAtive moments of truth.
Regarding the money: yes, they have to pay their expenses out of that. A good operator will spend 12-15 percent. The advantage to them is that they don't hAve the costs and headaches of running an office. Nor do they have to worry about finding work etc...

I hope this answered eveyones questions.
-Greg

Mikey P

Administrator
Greg

How many normal white guys do you have on staff?

Do you hire longhairs or blatant rednecks?

How many Negros do you have on staff?

Do you allow Ebonics to be spoken in your clients homes?

How many Mexicans?

Do you allow the Khaki/Big shirt/tattooed look?

Any Middle Easterners?

How about Orientals?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
Greg

Do you hire longhairs or blatant rednecks?

How many Negros do you have on staff?

Do you allow Ebonics to be spoken in your clients homes?

How many Mexicans?

Do you allow the Khaki/Big shirt/tattooed look?

Any Middle Easterners?

How about Orientals?
Greg,
You'll remember I warned you about this place. As a veteran poster here let me remind you that you have the right to ignore any of Mikey's "stirring the pot' posts. I sure do.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Remember a lot of muck-raking pond scum attorneys troll this site looking for replies to non-politically correct replies to questions like the above. Nuff said!

rick imby

Name
Rick
If he answers those questions the way they were asked I think he would be looking for trouble.

You know the most of the answers (I guess that is probably why you asked.

He has to have Customer friendly Subs. And it appears his subs are very customer friendly.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mikey P said:
Greg

Since there has only ever been an occasional and rare sighting of a "normal white ( or any other color ) guy" posting here, it would simply be beyond belief for Greg to claim having any such creatures on his staff.

Kill all the lawyers - Shakespeare.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom