Getting to know Martin Sutely.

Discussion in 'the Hot Seat Interviews' started by Mikey P, Nov 27, 2008.

1. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    The flange, or pins, or whatever, on that fuel cap was not quite long enough to stay in the opening. Every time I opened the cap and let it hang, it would fall off. So, I took it off and placed it on the side door step. I was at a Walmart fuel stop and some old dude in a motor home as rushing me. When I left, I just forgot to put it back on. By the time I remembered it, I was about 5 miles down the road. No way I was going back.

This pig was headed to the pen.
  2. Mark Imbesi
    Mark Imbesi

Awww, dont worry about it, Marty. Anyone in Alabama would have done the same thing.
  3. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    I was in Arizona.

Butt Wipe!
  4. Jim Martin
    Jim Martin

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jim Martin

I find them old people in Rv's to be pretty intimidating......he may have ran you down with his walker ......
  5. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    I was trying to be polite.
  6. ronbeatty
    ronbeatty

Name:
    Ron Beatty
    Marty, I bought a new locking diesel cap, it had a short retainer on it so i took the retainer off of the factory cap and replaced the one on the locking cap with it. :lol:
  7. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    My "factory" cap is without a pin. It looks like a pvc cap.
  8. TimP
    TimP

I've about stopped doing any encap jobs. I've had to go back on way too many to be able to guarantee them. HWE works and does better for wicking. It's all a scam in my opinion. Only time it's worth a beans is if you can get them on a routine....and it aint gonna happen in my woods. Money is better spent on a once a year HWE or every other year for some.
    Jimmy L likes this.
  9. Fon Johnson
    Fon Johnson

You're doing something wrong..
  10. Able 1
    Able 1

Name:
    Keith
    He's a good shit even though he f's with me alot... Love to read Stuie's(sp) posts!

Redneck
  11. cu
    cu

Supportive Member

Name:
    Cu
    can we end this luv fest for pig vomit...almost 10 years on and still JiMmy loves him.....if they lived here in ca they would be married by now
    we all know he is strange ..but in a good way

i only wish i could buy marty for what i think of him
    and then sell him for what he thinks of himself
    id be a very rich man
    Jimmy L likes this.
  12. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    You'd just drink most of the fortune away.

And shop at Walmart with the rest.

Nothing wrong with rednecks.
  13. dgargan
    dgargan

vlm crap

after knowing Marty for years I can't see why he has strayed from VLM. VLM has turned my commerical business into a cash cow. We have dozens of accounts that have us clean monthly and quarterly with vlm and if we had to hwe it would be a nightmare. Our proffits are higher and results are better.I'm glad he has his V but I wouldn't sell all the vlm tools yet.
  14. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    I didn't mean to give the impression I had totally given up on vlm, David. I still use it in commercial, where appropriate. I have simply stopped trying to get it to work for me in residential.
    roro and Jimmy L like this.
  15. TimP
    TimP

No I'm not the method is limited as can be. The spots go away when I do it but a few weeks later they are back so it's the method. I HWE them and they stay gone Encap is all smoke and mirrors, the biggest limitation is that you can't flush the crap out. When you move furniture soiled areas where the carpet is a very light brown due to dirt build up (you can only tell next to a clean area).... don't go away and you can tell clean from dirty for sure after encaping, yeah it looks better than when you start but it's still there. Like I said if you can get the customer on a plan or are in the business often enough it will manage appearance but for my area it's not real functional. I say it's equal to a Stanley Steamer hack job but not equal to a good HWE job. Now I may not be the encap god and someone may be able to do better than me. I just don't see it personally. Scrub some polymers in a floor and hope it makes all the dirt vacuum out.....it just don't happen but on lightly soiled and heavily maintaned carpet which there is very little of that in my woods.
  16. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    Don't blame the method. It works well in those circumstance where it was originally intended. It's the fault of Rick Gelinas, John Guerkink and their ban of barking ankle biters. In their efforts to sell us their system, they've promoted the method far beyond it's limitations. The crows have now come home to roost.

Kudos to folks like Whittaker and VacAway who have remained focused regarding it's true abilities over the years.
    Jimmy L likes this.
  17. Curtis Pennington
    Curtis Pennington

Amen to that..I got sucked into it my second year and it has its place but not much in my tool box,post pad only.
  18. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    just what the heck is a "cash cow"?
  19. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    danny ...

with a dollar in his pocket.
  20. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    IT'S MADNESS I TELL YA....................MADNESS!