Getting to Know the Rotovac Brothers..

Mikey P

Administrator
One more in our series of "getting to know" more about our terrific advertisers...

-Besides the twin and single headed Rotovacs what other unique creations have you created over the years?

-Care to share how many new to the industry "entrepreneurs" have come into the industry with one of your entry level packages?

-Are people still buying the OG twin head design?

-You have quite a lot of goodies on your website... What is the best seller?

-Were Cliff or Chuck every owner operated cleaners, if so for how long?

-Some thoughts on the competition.. (HOSS & TREX)

-Can we look forward to seeing something new form you guys at Mikey'sfest in Las Vegas?

-What is your theory on why some cleaners are seeing streaking with the 360i and some don't?

-How many companies are using your custom built websites now?

-I've heard nothing but good things about your portable extractor system... care to elaborate?

-Cliff, are you sure you can spare two week of your Princeville home next year?

-Where do you sell more 360i's, from retail store fronts or direct web orders?

-Please tell us about the envelopment behind your ETM and how many are out in the field?
-What sort of flow can the system handle with a scrub wand? How do dry times compare to a 45 blower truckmount?

http://youtu.be/IOI_SWISRW0

Thanks guys, Aloha!

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My thoughts. Pumping out into anything but a sanitary sewer here, will result in a hefty fine $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Plus, my customers wouldn't put up with pumping into their yards and winter would make even more problems.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
DO we get a Rotovac Hat for posting here?

I Own and Support RotoVac!

Chris

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dave around here stanley steemer doesn't carry any water or waste and everything is pumped out in the yard

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
People here would freak with crap being pumped into their yards. Here is the fine: 17.62.010 Penalties. Any act or omission specifically stated by any provision of this title to be unlawful is hereby declared to be a misdemeanor, and any person found to be guilty thereof shall upon conviction be fined in an amount not exceeding $500.00, or be imprisoned in the county jail for a period not exceeding six months, or be both so fined and imprisoned. Each day such violation is committed or permitted to continue shall constitute a separate offense and shall be punishable as such hereunder.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Whats the law you didn't post what the law was. they barely even know it is happening

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
People do not freak out when you tell them it's a great fertilizer and will do their yard NO harm. Stanley throws a flat hose into the yard and people never even see it pumping.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The fine is if it is ever considered run off or some how ends up in the storm sewer water system. The city says that it has to be dumped into a sanitary sewer system. The city is really anal about it and has fined cleaners several times. It just takes a phone call from a neighbor.

Last edited:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
No it isn't I posted the law for you. Show me the law and we weren't talking about dumping in a sewer we were talking lawns... So a neighbor can call and they will fine you without any evidence..... Go post some reviews on your google page:)

Reactions: Chris A
Name
I'm Rick James
Ouch.. kinda figure if you are going to pimp new equipment, you would put it in something a lot better than a 1990's POS astro van with lights up top.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
One more in our series of "getting to know" more about our terrific advertisers...

-Besides the twin and single headed Rotovacs what other unique creations have you created over the years?

-Care to share how many new to the industry "entrepreneurs" have come into the industry with one of your entry level packages?

-Can we look forward to seeing something new form you guys at Mikey'sfest in Las Vegas?

-What is your theory on why some cleaners are seeing streaking with the 360i and some don't?

-I've heard nothing but good things about your portable extractor system... care to elaborate?

-Please tell us about the envelopment behind your ETM and how many are out in the field?
-What sort of flow can the system handle with a scrub wand? How do dry times compare to a 45 blower truckmount?

http://youtu.be/IOI_WISRW0

Thanks guys, Aloha!

So why don't they have a bit of an interest in us here, and answer some of these questions? .

Regarding that "truckmount" setup....id rather pull my equipment on a dolly behind my bicycle than show up with that minivan..

Name
R & D Carpet Clean's Daniel
I'm not really impressed. Its a heater being called a truck mount. If it was a truck mount it would have a suction device as a part of it. Its only half of a truck mount.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm not really impressed. Its a heater being called a truck mount. If it was a truck mount it would have a suction device as a part of it. Its only half of a truck mount.

If you have never used a dual 3 stage electric machine with a 360i then you would be skeptical. I know I was until I started doing this on about 400 jobs last year with my Air Hog Plus machine.( That's 400 of about 800 jobs where my TM was OFF). The 230 CFMs is perfect for the 360i giving dry times very close to my 500 CFM TM. The swoop head is VERY aggressive and does a better job than a TM with wand and scrubber, even with 100 psi hot tap water. I know, I know. I couldn't believe it either. So yes, the set-up in that video is quite inspired and would satisfy the heat freaks out there. and they could kick the ass of most TM crews at a fraction of the operating cost of a TM.

Reactions: Mardie

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Inspired indeed. I'm going to get one of these CFX units because they're so freaking cool. It does what the Mytee Machine does at half the weight and size. This is a typical set-up; the Parker Parfklex is hooked right from the sink to the 360i, and two electric cords go to the machine:
novawoods004.jpg

The waste is pumped into the gravel:

novawoods003.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Not with that big kink in the hose its not!

I was gona say that same thing too......

BUT if you look closer there is no kink! The hose is coming from the right and where the "kink" is, it looks to be turning toward the camera and then continue on going to the left. Compare the parts of the hose that touches the ground. It clearly shows that it came closer to the camera before touching the ground again.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I was gona say that same thing too......

BUT if you look closer there is no kink! The hose is coming from the right and where the "kink" is, it looks to be turning toward the camera and then continue on going to the left. Compare the parts of the hose that touches the ground. It clearly shows that it came closer to the camera before touching the ground again.

Thanks Zee. You're correct. That's the problem with posting pictures. Everyone's a critic looking for anything......there's a thousand things going on at any time when we clean, you just try to keep it all together and make it work...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thats what I was gonna say Zee it just looks kinked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris A

Name
Chris
Thanks Zee. You're correct. That's the problem with posting pictures. Everyone's a critic looking for anything......there's a thousand things going on at any time when we clean, you just try to keep it all together and make it work...

Lol I'm just givin ya shit

Becker

Name
Becker
Does not look kinked on my 27" screen, just the angle of the curl. Look like a brand new hose.

Great, now every guy in the Puget Sound area doing roof and pressure washing is now going to become carpet cleaners with their heated pressure washer.

I'm sure that was filmed here in my area.

Wonder why he did not have them on while parked on the wrong side of the road.?

Last edited:

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Rotovac Q & A

Cliff took his very first invention to Bissell in 1977. It was a simple, low cost carpet cleaning extractor designed for the homeowner that hooked up to a faucet for incoming water and pressure. This turned out to be Bissell's first attempt at a homeowner extractor. Since then Cliff has been granted numerous patents in the field of carpet cleaning. Cliff invented the process of Rotary Jet Extraction and licensed the patents of the RX-20 to HydraMaster in the early 80's. He then came up with several other versions of Rotary Extractors and started his own manufacturing company called Rotovac.

Rotovac has started over 5,000 new entrepreneurs into the carpet cleaning business

Yes, we still sell quite a few Rotovac Powerwands

The Rotovac 360i is currently our top selling item

Cliff started his own carpet cleaning company in 1975 at age 21 in Hawaii. Within one year Cliff had landed the Sears concession for carpet cleaning for the entire state of Hawaii and the business took off. Cliff's older brother Chuck was an officer in the Navy at the time. After Chuck's obligation to the Navy was over and he saw the success Cliff was having in the carpet cleaning business, Chuck joined Cliff in the carpet cleaning business. It was during this time that Cliff saw the need for a better way to clean carpets than the manual scrub wand and he invented the RX-20. In order to raise the capital needed to build a prototype and apply for patents, Cliff sold the carpet cleaning company and gambled it all on the RX-20. This gamble paid off when he flew to Seattle to meet with Mike Palmer, the owner of HydraMaster, and struck a royalty deal.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

YES!

This is not a common problem that we hear about very often. When streaking does occur, it could be caused by a number of different things. Clogged or worn out spray jets, the way the jets are pointing or positioned, the type of carpet or the cleaning technique employed which involves speed and overlapping patterns. Cleaning in a circular pattern has been known to eliminate this symptom. The new 360i Quad head has offset spray jets which also seems have solved this rare occurance.

Over 450 companies are experiencing the benefits of owning a Rotovac custom marketing website with more being added every month.For Rotovac owners, we make it easy to set up their website with a dedicated web designer and it is relatively inexpensive.

The Rotovac Ranger is truly a unique modular extractor which is setting a new standard for portables. Too much information to elaborate here. Check it out at Rotovac.com

Cliff now lives in his Kauai house year round but has connections to find a really good "Kamaaina discount rate" for you if you'd like go.

70% of the 360i sales are through distributors. 30% are sold direct, mostly in areas where there is not a Rotovac distributor.

-Please tell us about the development behind your ETM and how many are out in the field?

The SteamShark is not an ETM. It is a true Hybrid Truck Mount (HTM) which utilizes gas and diesel for PSI and killer heat along with a portable electric CFX for extraction and auto pump out.

Holds 200+ degrees at 2gpm consistently. Dry times with dual 3 stage CFX with 50' vacuum hose are very similar to that of 45 blower with 150'+ of vacuum hose. No large waste tank or vacuum hose reel needed in the van. This system will fit into most minvans or a small trailer.

http://youtu.be/IOI_SWISRW0

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Rotovac bought the 1993 Dodge Caravan with only 48,000 mi from a local county transportation department motor pool for $2,500. That is why the yellow lights are on top. They obviously did not drive it very often. Take off the lights on top and give it a paint job or a wrap and you have a nice setup for a fraction of a traditional truckmount and the van gets over 20 mpg.

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

Rotovac

Name
Nick
You might think it is only half of a traditional truckmount but it is also less than half the price. A suction device is included with the Steam Shark. It is the dual 3-stage CFX. This eliminates the need to carry 250 ft of vacuum hose and a vacuum hose reel. So now it can all fit into a minivan or a small trailer. The dual 3-stage CFX with 50 ft of vac hose will be about the same dry time as a 45 blower through 150 to 200 ft of vacuum hose. Most hot water pressure washers can not be used to clean carpets. We have modified this machine so it can operate in the 150 psi to 500 psi range for carpet cleaning, 800 psi to 1200 psi for tile and grout cleaning, or up to 2,400 psi for hot water pressure washing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
how do you handle long time customers if they have a complaint? would you ever shut down their website and never send them their database of emails?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom