Getting to know Wayne Miller

Mikey P

Administrator
1. How did PDQ come about?

2. Describe the average day at your company.

3. Please list the products and or services you provide.

4. Where would you like to see your company in five years?

5. How do the Bulletin Boards help your company?

6. What is the biggest challenge you face on a daily basis?

7. What frustrates most about your business?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
1. How did PDQ come about?

Steve Smith, that's how. lol

Way back when, Steve and I talked about working together to add marketing material to ChaChing. That never came to pass. At the same time Gena and I were talking about moving to Florida. If we did decide to go I didn't want to arrive with no income. The pdQ material was already in the works so it was no-brainer.

2. Describe the average day at your company.

Busy. Besides graphics, we're cleaning carpets, too. Earlier this year we branched out into real estate. I don't get involved much with the sales end, that's Gena's job, but I help with the marketing materials. We teamed up with a talented childhood realtor buddy of mine. When the real estate market tanked he had twenty-some agents on his team. It's dwindled to a handful now. We're trying to position ourselves now so that when the market starts to turn around we'll have everything in place to rebuild the team.

3. Please list the products and or services you provide.

Just about anything related to printing, graphics:

Lots and lots and lots of YP ads....

Lots of printing -- postcards, business cards, door hangers, thank you cards, note pads, magnets, letter head, envelopes, carbonless forms, trade show banners, pretty much anything.

Vehicle graphics

Web pages

We're also working on a design/print/mail program. We have all of the basics together, it's making it all pretty that takes forever.

4. Where would you like to see your company in five years?

Ideally, I'd like to be living comfortably in some tropical locale, sitting inside a screened lanai next to the pool in my underwear running everything from a laptop. That's the beauty of the Internet, no one knows if you wear boxers or briefs. Except maybe Tony. After he posted those pictures of Ken Snow in his indian pajamas it's a little creepy thinking about exactly how much that man really does know.

5. How do the Bulletin Boards help your company?

BBS's are one of the best communication tools ever. How else can your reach people hundreds, even thousands of miles away instantly with a picture of what you do?

6. What is the biggest challenge you face on a daily basis?

Simply finding time to get it all done.

7. What frustrates most about your business?

Simply finding time to get it all done.

Mikey P

Administrator
And there you go!

Thanks Wayne.

oh wait, why did you move out of Florida?

Gators? Skeeters? Blue Hairs? Too many coupon companies to compete with?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
No work, Mike.

I was a superintendent for a builder, Gena was in real estate. Construction was the big employer. When the housing bubble imploded everything came to a halt. I've never experienced anything quite like it. I forget the exact count now, but there were something like 16 homes on our street and 5 or 6 went back to the bank. That's just one street of thousands. One of our neighbors moved back to Maryland to find work about 6 months before I did. My brother-in-law, who's been there for years is even looking at it as an option.

We tried starting a cleaning business. We'd send out 1500 postcards and get 500 back because they were seasonal residents. We went out in a full-color book, 100K homes with incomes of $100k and up, two times and got one job.
The snowbirds help the economy but they don't get there till Thanksgiving. By then we were out of money and out of time.

We liked it but not enough to stick it out.

Now we've got that Florida home we always wanted. lol

SteveSmith

Wayne and I met via the internet over ten years ago and quickly became friends.

Since then, we have met in person a few times and even took our wives on a cruise together. I simply have never had a better friend in my entire life, and I can think of no man living or dead that I would trust my business, my life or anything else with more!

Yes, he is that trustworthy and that kind of a person!

Steve Smith

clean one

Wayne is a great guy, i have never heard anyone say anything bad about him or PDQ. The ones i know that have used PDQ liked it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom