Glides hybrid vs regular

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I just replaced my Greenglide regular( with holes) with a Greenglide hybrid. and for the first time I have had a complaint about the carpet ending up wavy and too wet. It was a rental and the carpet needed to be stretched to begin with. I was called on the day the new tenant was moving in. I finished at 1:00 and the move-in was scheduled to be at 5:00. I had left blowers in the home but I know that 4 hours still is not enough time for the carpets to dry. The customer is reasonable and knew it was to be expected that the carpet would not be dry in 4 hours.
Still, because of the hybrid glide being new to me, I'm now wondering if I shouldn't have gone with a regular glide. Also, the instructions say to install the the glide, put a bead of Goop on the front and the back but to leave the sides open.
I have checked out a couple of installation videos on youtube and the guys there also sealed the sides.
I'm no physicist ( which is why I clean carpets, I'm a Chemist LOL) so I don't know what gives me the greater lift. The sides sealed or not. Also is there a huge difference in how much water I can extract with a Hybrid glide vs regular?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have several wands with hybrid and slotted glides. 1 1/2 inch and 2 inch and the one that gets the best seal is my new mach 12 from Pmf. It has a 2 piece glide that is screwed on to the wand and needs no sealer. My other glides leak somewhat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom