glue on marble

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I dont have any experience with marble. One of our employees brothers works for the cardinal and they are pulling up carpet in one of the buildings to expose old marble. Any ideas on how to remove the carpet glue? I assume the floors would have to be refinished. Is there a product that would remove the glue without harming the floor?

They were only asking me for advice and they are going to try and remove it in-house. I would like to help them out with some info if possible. There is also the strong possiblity of recieving a large amount of work from them in the future.

John Spezia

You can use a floor stripper, baseboard stripper in a aerosal can, acetone and paint remover. But do a test spot first ....

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
I think we can assume they are going to have to restore it?
If so, just use a scraper with razors loaded in it.

Be very aware that the glue could have stained the marble as well. And that is most likely not going to change.

Michael M

Removing adhesive from marble is not on my list of fun things to do, I remember once a long time ago I remove carpet adhesive from a Rojo Fossilica..... Beautiful stone

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I would think if they need it refinished that metal diamonds would take it out. Depends on how bad the marble looks. This kind of refinishing would be costly so if it doesn't need it I'd try the advice given. Aerosol and razorblades. Have a lot of razorblades and switch to a new one often.

Albert

David Gelinas

Different adhesives are going to act differently and leave varying degrees of damage. I think its a pretty safe bet that once everything is said and done it will need to be restored. As for cost, you’d be surprised, it might not cost as much as you think. Do you have any idea what the total square footage is and are there any other extenuating circumstances other than the mastic?

Being that the floor is going to need to be restored it’s a fairly foolish thing for them to spend their labor dollars scraping up the mastic, that all will come off when the floor is restored. On the other hand – if they want to do things “in house” and not pay to have a professional come in; then by all means let them at least spend/waste the money on in house labor and then they can pay to get it done properly. That way their employees make a wage and then the contractor and make his fees.

David Gelinas
Marbleguy

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have not seen the job yet. Hopefully this week i will get out there to price up some other stuff. I really appreciate the input from all of you guys. I wanted to be alittle more informed before I went out. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks Again!

Genie

SRI Cleaning said:
I dont have any experience with marble. One of our employees brothers works for the cardinal and they are pulling up carpet in one of the buildings to expose old marble. Any ideas on how to remove the carpet glue? I assume the floors would have to be refinished. Is there a product that would remove the glue without harming the floor?

They were only asking me for advice and they are going to try and remove it in-house. I would like to help them out with some info if possible. There is also the strong possiblity of recieving a large amount of work from them in the future.
NOT A FUN JOB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom