Good, inexpensive moisture meter?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Can you guys recommend a moisture meter for carpets. I'm looking at some on Amazon in the 20- 30.- range. I don't know if they are just cheap crap or if they actually work. I don't really want to spend a couple of hundred on a dry eaz Hydro sensor either.
I would like one that is not too flimsy and that is reliable. What do you guys use?

Name
Nate W.
At your age, just search on CL... Bending down to check wet shit will get old fast... Believe me, I'm a cheap ass and I got 2 drieaz Hydrosenor 2... All it's doing is if there is moisture present the water completes the circuit and beeps the sound...

Reactions: Nomad74

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I sometimes use an inexpensive infrared camera. It does not register moisture, but I can see at a glance where moisture has spread, by the temperature pool. If the toilet overflowed, you can see if the water has spread under the wall, or soaked up the sheetrock. You can see if the windows are admitting moisture to the floor and so on.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Don't laugh at me guys. This is what I use. It's a Harbor Freight meter. It does the trick. The thing that sucks is that I need to lay my head on the carpet to see the readings. I just love laying my head on piss soaked carpet. I'm thinking of maybe mounting it on a stick and then attaching a mirror to the end so I won't need to lay down anymore.

I'll be here all day folks :)

Ron K

When using any one give it the GENTLEST of twists to make sure you make good contact, I've poked a rug with no beep but with the GENTLEST of a twist I got a reading. They are very durable I have the same one from twenty plus years ago although they have changed 9V battery dimensions. Used to be rounded but now are square so I had to modify the hydro sensor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom