good or bad idea to show ALL urine contaminated areas?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
When you show a potential new client all the urine contaminated areas in their carpets, most become horrified beyond belief. It can be and is a jaw dropper for most. They call and say that they "only have one or two spots/area with urine" From experience I know there's plenty more then one or two. Sure enough, moments later the carpet is glowing with urine spots all over the place.

After explaining my process to remediate the problem and pricing, lately these homeowners never call back to get the work done. I'm beginning to wonder whether it's a bad idea to glow every area in all the rooms and just stick with what they point out? The problem with that approach is that your leaving other areas untreated which will still cause urine odors to linker around and of course you will get the inevitable call back "it still smells like urine."

Some schedule on the spot for the work to be performed but as of lately, most don't and neither do they call back and never hear from them again. Prices are fair vs the alternative cost of replacing.
Perhaps these homeowners are ripping it out and spending several grand to replace? Buying a Uv light on Amazon then getting pet store enzyme and doing it themselves? Or simply living with it? I'm sctrating my head on this one.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When you show a potential new client all the urine contaminated areas in their carpets, most become horrified beyond belief. It can be and is a jaw dropper for most. They call and say that they "only have one or two spots/area with urine" From experience I know there's plenty more then one or two. Sure enough, moments later the carpet is glowing with urine spots all over the place.

After explaining my process to remediate the problem and pricing, lately these homeowners never call back to get the work done. I'm beginning to wonder whether it's a bad idea to glow every area in all the rooms and just stick with what they point out? The problem with that approach is that your leaving other areas untreated which will still cause urine odors to linker around and of course you will get the inevitable call back "it still smells like urine."

Some schedule on the spot for the work to be performed but as of lately, most don't and neither do they call back and never hear from them again. Prices are fair vs the alternative cost of replacing.
Perhaps these homeowners are ripping it out and spending several grand to replace? Buying a Uv light on Amazon then getting pet store enzyme and doing it themselves? Or simply living with it? I'm sctrating my head on this one.

Some do replace it but others I feel are overwhelmed and just do nothing. I have a client who owns several rental properties who didn't believe me when I told him how much urine was in his carpets so he went down to the pet store and bought his own black light. He immediately replaced the carpet and instituted a no pets rule for future rentals. I think it's best to be upfront with them and let them make the decision. You may lose a few jobs but those are probably the ones you don't want anyway.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
since using the Uv light for showtime, it's become a discouragement to not book the job. At least that's what it seems. I just don't feel right not pointing out the rest of the problem just to make a quick buck.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
A couple of things...

In a way you have shamed them in their own home. This isn't just one or two accidents, it's spots all over for an extended period of time. And in their mind, you now know they have lived in that mess and will judge them based on that so they don't have you back.

Or

They want to get their carpet cleaned. You have shown them what they need to do to get it really clean and not smell. Maybe they can't afford to have everything done, so they go with someone else to avoid be embarrassed with not having the entire areas treated.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Start your inspection with "Most people do not realise..."

Be kind and direct. Assure them this is the norm for pets. Mention pets are worth a little hassle for the love. That sort of thing. Nobody needs to feel ashamed.
Being humble and tactful are the two things that are most important when we look at our customers carpet

Reactions: Old Coastie

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Really guys?

I go in. They point out the area. I shine the light on it. I snoop around further in the same location....oops there's another....I further snoop, oops there's another.....and another and another urine spot. I suit up with a hazmat suit...give them one as well. Nail hazmat signs all over including outside. Tell them to evacuate the the contaminated area. Meanwhile neighbors huddle around their porches trying to figure out what is going on.

Come on guys really¿¡

Helping them realize the situation is more severe then they expected is a tender proposition and they almost go into shock that they have been walking around the home in bare feet on the urine.
Then they realize that their little furball has destroyed the home and are wondering to either rip out the carpet or rip to pieces the animal.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Most of the time I won't use the black light. But sometimes when they are in denial I show them and it is SHOCKING!
But for a over STENCH and they are going to keep the ANIMALS I just do a cover up clean and deo and explain that this will be a cycle of ANIMAL CONTAMINATION. And either get rid of the animals or replace.............or set the house on FIRE!

Once I explained when they said the animal is good about going outside I told them to imagine walking around the house NUDE. And as they walk they will DRIBBLE. And over time those DRIBBLES become SEVERE CONTAMINATION.

REMOVE ALL ANIMALS OR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
What are you going to tell the customer after you cleaned and deodorized it and they say " I want to you to use that light again" . Now you turn it on go back over the spots you just charged them for and it still glows. " I thought you cleaned it". Now who will be embarrassed? Clean what you can see with the naked eye and nose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom